Share this @internewscast.com
A man in his 60s who had acquired COVID-19 at a hospital in Sydney’s west has died, local health authorities have confirmed.

The man contracted the virus earlier this month while an inpatient at Nepean Hospital in Kingswood.

A Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District spokesperson said the death was the third linked to a previously reported outbreak at the hospital.

Three people have died after catching COVID-19 in an outbreak at Nepean Hospital. (Rhett Wyman)

“Nepean Hospital extends its deepest sympathies to his family and friends,” the spokesperson said, in a statement issued on Thursday evening. 

A Current Affair reported last week that an outbreak in the hospital had infected 38 staff and patients. It’s unclear which ward the man in his 60s was in when he was exposed to the coronavirus.

NSW Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant said a man in his 30s from Western Sydney, a man in his 60s from Western Sydney and a man in his 80s had died between August 17 and August 21.

Dr Chant warned NSW coronavirus cases might not have reached their peak.

“The factors that go into that model is how we’re adhering to the mobility restrictions, how we’re individually behaving,” she said.

“We have seen some deterioration in some of those metrics because people are obviously feeling so tired and frustrated with the length and duration of the restrictions.”

Source: 9News

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Searchers Looking for 4-Year-Old Cori Bigsby Won’t Give Up Hope – Crime Online

Volunteers aren’t giving up hope of finding a 4-year-old Virginia boy who…

The Unique Way Serial Killer Israel Keyes Helped His Daughter Stay Out Of The Spotlight

Born in Cove, Utah, in 1978, Israel Keyes was one of 10…

To fill border gap, Arizona stacking shipping containers

YUMA, Ariz. () — Arizona has begun moving in shipping containers to…

Burned body found in St. Petersburg alleyway, police say

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Police have opened a death investigation after a…

Hunt is on for Chelsea fan who made racist gesture at Tottenham’s South Korean star Son Hueng-Min

Hunt is on for Chelsea fan who made racist gesture towards Tottenham’s…

Sheriff’s Official Apologizes to Vanessa Bryant Mid-Trial

Jorge Valdez, a chief with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, leaves…

Man charged with DUI manslaughter nearly 2 years after fatal hit-and-run

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. – Nearly two years after a deadly hit-and-run…

Bed Bath & Beyond shares skyrocket

NEW YORK – After a quiet first half of 2022, the meme…