Share this @internewscast.com
NSW Police say they will charge a 60-year-old man, who is accused of indiscriminately firing shots along a street in Sydney’s inner-west, with a string of offences.
The shots rang out between 7.45pm and 9.30pm on Sunday from a unit in Croydon Park. Bystanders, cars and police were fired on up to 50 times, resulting in numerous people being injured and damage to premises and vehicles.
Streets were closed and the area was placed in lockdown as police launched a major operation after reports of a man indiscriminately firing at motorists, including police cars, travelling along Georges River Road.
Tactical police arrested the alleged gunman in his unit above a business along the busy road, after an exchange of gunfire.
On Monday morning, shattered glass and windows riddled with bullet holes remained along the small shopping strip, with numerous vehicles and premises sustaining damage. Police remained at the site, scouring the area for clues.
Paramedics treated 16 people at the scene for minor injuries, some of whom were injured by shattered glass as their windows were hit by the bullets, and others were treated for shock.

On Monday afternoon, acting superintendent Stephen Parry reported that one individual had surgery at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital earlier that day. Additionally, two people in total had been treated and subsequently discharged from the hospital.

Two men standing in a room of a building with extensive damage to its window.

Investigators are still seeking a motive for the shooting. Source: AAP / Sitthixay Ditthavong

Parry said there had been an “exchange of gunfire” between tactical police and the alleged gunman before his arrest at his unit, where the shots were believed to have come from, and a 30-calibre rifle had been recovered from the scene.

Parry told reporters that the alleged gunman had been taken to Bankstown Hospital for treatment of “minor” injuries he sustained during the arrest, and had since been released.

The man was taken back into custody at Burwood police station, where he was set to be charged with multiple offenses, including some related to firearms, later that afternoon. Parry mentioned that the individual had been “speaking freely with police.”

Rear view of a bus stop with shattered glass below it

Police said up to 50 bullets had been shot during the late-night spree. Source: AAP / Sitthixay Ditthavong

Parry said a motive for the shooting is still unclear. He said the alleged gunman had no criminal history, and doesn’t have any links to organised crime or terrorist association.

He emphasised the “random” nature of the shooting’s targets, saying that in the more than three decades he’d been in the police force, he’d seen very few similar instances.
Parry said the operation was “highly dangerous” and police had put themselves at “serious risk of death or injury”.
— With additional reporting by the Australian Associated Press

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Someone holding a handful of Australian cash.

Massive Cash Boost: Over 5 Million Australians Set to Benefit Soon!

More than five million Australians receiving social security payments, half of whom…

UN Unveils Disturbing Evidence: Genocidal Atrocities Surface in Sudan

In brief The mission warned that “urgent protection of civilians is needed,…

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…

Trump Promises to Unveil UFO and Alien Secrets: What Could Be Revealed?

IN BRIEF Trump’s move comes after former US president Barack Obama said…
'No justice': Hit-run victim's family slam punishment

Outrage Over Lenient Sentence: Hit-and-Run Victim’s Family Demands Justice

WARNING: This article contains the names of deceased Indigenous people. The family…
Guzman y Gomez hidden logo detail

Low Burrito Sales in Australia Lead to $200 Million Loss for Major Company

Guzman y Gomez, a well-known burrito chain, has taken a significant financial…
Prince Andrew arrives for the funeral of the Duchess of Kent at Westminster Cathedral in London, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2025.

Ancient Law Resurfaces: The Legal Twist that Threatens Prince Andrew with a Life Sentence

However, the charge he was arrested on suspicion of, misconduct in public…

Breaking: US Supreme Court Overturns Trump’s Controversial Global Tariffs – What This Means for International Trade

Key Points In a 6-3 decision, the justices ruled that the law…

Possum Alert: The Unseen Indicator of Australia’s Looming Extinction Crisis

In Brief The lemuroid ringtail possum is one of 34 species that…

NT Hit-and-Run Driver Dodges Jail Time Once More Despite Prosecutors’ Appeal for Tougher Sentence

Warning: This article contains distressing content and mentions the names of deceased…
Police return to royal homes after ex-Prince Andrew's arrest

Police Presence Intensifies at Royal Residences Following Former Prince Andrew’s Arrest

The brother of King Charles III was taken into custody on his…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…