Dad Who Claimed 6-Year-Old Son Caused Fatal Injuries Himself Pleads Guilty to Murder
Share this @internewscast.com

In a tragic turn of events, an Indiana father faces a lengthy prison sentence after admitting to the murder of his 6-year-old son. Franklin Elmore Jr., aged 29, has been sentenced to 55 years for the murder of young Justin Elmore, with an additional 10 years for related offenses, bringing his total sentence to 65 years, according to a report by WNDU.

Outside the Elkhart County Courthouse, Justin’s mother, Miranda McBride, expressed a bittersweet satisfaction with the outcome. “I’m satisfied with it. It’s better than what I thought he would get,” she said. “I wish he’d have more; death row would be great. But most likely by the time he gets out, he’ll probably be dead anyways.”

Initially, Elmore attempted to deflect blame by suggesting that Justin had caused his own fatal injuries on August 3. However, investigators quickly dismissed this claim after discovering the boy had suffered a brain bleed, a punctured lung, and numerous bruises and abrasions. Both Franklin and his current wife, 27-year-old Cheyenne Elmore, faced charges related to Justin’s tragic death, as previously reported by CrimeOnline.

The investigation unearthed surveillance footage from the child’s playroom, starkly revealing Elmore’s violent attack on his son. During the assault, Cheyenne Elmore was present in the room but remained passive. In the aftermath, court documents note that Franklin was observed pacing the backyard with his hands on his head, while Cheyenne made a 911 call.

Earlier this month, during a plea hearing, Elmore confessed to “knowingly” causing his son’s death, though he claimed he “did not mean it.” The harrowing details of this case underscore the profound tragedy and injustice suffered by young Justin Elmore.

At a plea hearing earlier this month, Elmore admitted that he “knowingly” killed his son but said he “did not mean it.”

At sentencing, Elmore apologized and asked for shorter term, according to WNDU.

“I want to come out as a better man. Different man. That’s all I can do,” Elmore said.

The judge rejected Elmore’s plea, telling him, “You literally beat your son to death.”

After her husband pleaded guilty earlier this month, Cheyenne Elmore changed her plea to guilty and is due to be sentenced on January 13, 2026.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Suspect Apprehended for Carjacking, Assault, and Police Scanner Evasion

In the early hours today, Rakeem Lizel Calhoun, aged 37, found himself…

Child Sex Offender and Partner Face Charges of Neglect After Children Discovered in Squalid Conditions

A couple from Tennessee faces charges of child neglect after a police…

Father Allegedly Threatens Son with Harm After Refusing to Provide Food: Deputies Report

Background: Beason Rd. in Orangeburg, S.C. (Google Maps). Inset: Thomas Baker (Orangeburg…

Intoxicated Husband Claims Wife Leapt from Moving Truck Prior to Fatal Accident

A Minnesota resident alleges that his wife leapt from his moving vehicle…

Shocking Family Violence: 70-Year-Old Man Arrested for Assaulting 95-Year-Old Mother

Inset: John Earl Black (Lee County Sheriff”s Office). Background: The 9000 block…

Chilling Phone Call Emerges After Scientist’s Tragic Fall

On a grim November night in 1953, Frank Olson, a scientist involved…

Unveiling Secrets: Exclusive Interview with Maureen ‘Cookie’ Rowan’s Daughter on the Little Miss Panasoffkee Cold Case

Press release from TheColdCases.com GAINESVILLE, Fla. – In a poignant revelation, TheColdCases.com…

Authorities Report Children Residing in Unsanitary Conditions Amidst Pest and Safety Concerns

Background: The home where children were allegedly found living in squalid conditions…

Mystery Deepens: CCTV Captures Last Moments of Missing Stewardess Before Yacht Disappearance

Sarm Heslop possesses an adventurous spirit, channeling her energy into various roles…

Parents of Toddler Found in Park Grave Enter Plea Agreement

Inset, left to right: Iris Rivera-Santos and Edgar Ismalej-Gomez (Stamford Police Dept.).…

Florida Resident Charged in Girlfriend’s Murder, Initially Claimed ICE Abduction to Friend

In a chilling turn of events, a Florida man who initially reported…

Tragic End: ‘Lobster Boy’ Circus Performer Fatally Shot by Hired Teenager

On November 29, 1992, the world of circus entertainment was rocked by…