President Donald Trump and The White House TikTok account.
Share this @internewscast.com

TikTok has successfully reached an agreement to avoid being banned in the United States, narrowly meeting the deadline set by President Donald Trump. This development marks a significant turning point in the app’s rollercoaster journey in the U.S. market.

Initially, Trump had pledged to prohibit the widespread video-sharing app during his presidency, a commitment that was later upheld by his successor, former President Joe Biden. In 2024, Biden enacted legislation mandating TikTok to either dissociate its U.S. operations from its Chinese parent company, ByteDance, or face a nationwide ban.

The newly established American-majority joint venture aims to mitigate national security concerns. According to statements released via CNN, the venture will implement stringent safeguards, ensuring robust data protection, algorithm security, content moderation, and software assurances specifically for U.S. users.

President Donald Trump and The White House TikTok account.
TikTok has sealed a deal to avoid a nationwide US ban one day before Trump’s deadline.(Getty)

The leadership team of this new entity will include Adam Presser as Chief Executive Officer and Will Farrell as Chief Security Officer, both seasoned professionals with prior experience at TikTok. The organization will also be supervised by a board featuring TikTok U.S. Chief Executive, Shou Chew, along with various representatives from American and international investment firms.

This strategic move not only secures TikTok’s future in the U.S. but also sets a precedent for how international tech companies can navigate the complex landscape of national security and privacy concerns.

It will also be overseen by a board including TikTok US chief executive Shou Chew and a number of representatives from investment firms in the US and abroad.

Major investors include Oracle, Silver Lake and MGX.

TikTok signed the deal handing over its US user data and most of its US operations last month.

More details are expected to emerge about the deal and how it will affect US TikTok user experience in the days and weeks to come.
Trump told reporters in September last year that he would make the US-controlled TikTok “100 per cent MAGA” if he felt he could.

He has yet to comment on the deal’s finalisation.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…
Haroula Kipouridou was working as a singer at a Greek tavern at the time of her murder.

Unveiling Justice: $1 Million Reward Offered in Chilling Cold Case Murder Investigation

A rare $1 million reward is being offered to help solve the…

Police Sergeant Faces Double Drink-Driving Allegations in Single Day

An off-duty police officer has been charged after allegedly being caught drink…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…

Burke Announces Initiation of Procedures to Proscribe Islamist Organization Hizb ut-Tahrir

In brief Burke said his department had received advice from ASIO that…

Is Trump Challenging the Global Rules-Based Order? Understanding the Implications

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz recently joined a growing number of world leaders…
NSW farmer and butcher Bianca Tarrant said the tariffs had a flow-on effect for producers.

Aussie Farmers Brace for Impact: US Tariff Shifts Spark Concerns Down Under

Farmers and producers across Australia are on edge after Donald Trump said…
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing at the White House on Friday, February 20 in Washington.

Trump to Boost Tariffs to 15% Following Game-Changing Supreme Court Decision

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he wants a global tariff…

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…

Unlocking the Migration Debate: Five Insightful Charts Reveal the Optimal ‘Sweet Spot

In the wake of the recent Bondi terror incident and the ongoing…
Wellington Phoenix goalie Josh Oluwayemi (bottom right) has gone viral after he made a mind-boggling mistake in his side's 5-0 loss to Auckland on Saturday

Aussie Footballer’s Unforgettable Mistake Sparks Coach’s Sudden Resignation

Footballer Josh Oluwayemi has captured attention for a blunder that contributed significantly…
Radical Islamist group closer to hate speech laws ban

Crackdown on Hate Speech: Islamist Group Faces Potential Ban

In a significant development, Australia’s Home Affairs Minister, Tony Burke, announced today…