Synagogue attacker boasted of passing driving test six months earlier

Manchester synagogue assailant Jihad Al-Shamie proudly shared news of passing his driving test and acquiring a car mere months before using it in a tragic assault.

The 35-year-old extremist, who allegedly called 999 claiming, ‘I have killed two Jews in the name of Islamic State’ during the incident, informed one of his three spouses about obtaining his driving licence on March 30 this year.

‘Passed my driving (test) and have a car now,’ he wrote, adding ‘Alhamdulillah’ which means ‘praise be to God’.

Last Thursday, the college dropout rammed his worn Kia hatchback into individuals outside the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation Synagogue in Manchester while wielding a knife, resulting in the death of 66-year-old Melvin Cravitz.

Armed officers were dispatched to the scene, where they shot Al-Shamie in front of the synagogue, inadvertently also taking the life of Adrian Daulby, 53, who, alongside the valiant Rabbi David Walker, was heroically blocking the doors from inside.

The deadly attack took place on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar.

Al-Shamie revealed he had learnt to drive in a message exchange with a Muslim convert whom he secretly married in 2022.

The woman, whose identity remains confidential per the Daily Mail, discovered only later that he remained wed to Ikra Sulehman, with whom he fathered three children.

Manchester synagogue attacker Jihad Al-Shamie told his secret second wife he had passed his driving test and 'have a car now' on March 30 this year

Manchester synagogue attacker Jihad Al-Shamie told his secret second wife he had passed his driving test and ‘have a car now’ on March 30 this year

The profile picture which synagogue attacker Jihad Al-Shamie used as his profile on dating app Muzmatch

The profile picture which synagogue attacker Jihad Al-Shamie used as his profile on dating app Muzmatch

Al-Shamie's damaged Kia Picanto pictured after last week's deadly attack

Al-Shamie’s damaged Kia Picanto pictured after last week’s deadly attack

He later took a third wife in an Islamic ceremony, NHS worker and mother-of-five Elizabeth Davis.

The second wife recounted yesterday how Al-Shamie, initially charming and sincere, suddenly became domineering and menacing.

She finally stopped responding to his messages last year after becoming sick of the long-distance relationship.

But on March 30 this year he contacted her out of the blue, writing simply: ‘Long time.’

She replied: ‘What’s up?’

After asking if she was married, Al-Shamie posted: ‘Passed my driving and have a car now. Alhamdulillah.’

She answered: ‘Congrats on passing. Well done.’

‘Thanks,’ he responded.

Pictured as he attempts to force his way inside the synagogue in Manchester, Al-Shamie travelled to Britain with his family as a young child and was granted UK citizenship in 2006, aged around 16

Pictured as he attempts to force his way inside the synagogue in Manchester, Al-Shamie travelled to Britain with his family as a young child and was granted UK citizenship in 2006, aged around 16 

Melvin Cravitz, 66, from Crumpsall, died in the deadly attack

Melvin Cravitz, 66, from Crumpsall, died in the deadly attack 

Adrian Daulby, 53, also died in the attack after being accidentally shot by police

Adrian Daulby, 53, also died in the attack after being accidentally shot by police

Apart from one further message in April when he asked what she was ‘up to’, it was the last time she heard from him.

It was the first time he had mentioned an interest in learning to drive, she told the Daily Mail.

‘He would always come and see me by buses and trains or get taxis,’ she said.

‘Sometimes his brother would drop him off, but he never drove to my house himself.’

At around 9.15am on October 2, Al-Shamie – at this stage on foot – was confronted by security staff outside the synagogue in Crumpsall.

CCTV footage obtained by the Daily Mail shows a man believed to be Al-Shamie walking away from the place of worship – dressed in a brown coat and wearing a backpack.

Moments later he can be seen returning in his black Kia Picanto – distinctive due to its missing wheel trim – before launching his terrifying attack.

Counter-terror police believe the Syrian-born UK citizen, was influenced by extremist Islamist ideology.

They arrested six people in connection with the attack, however all were later released without charge.

Yesterday the police watchdog said it had found no misconduct by the three armed officers who opened fire during the attack.

Instead the Independent Office for Police Conduct is treating the officers as witnesses in its ongoing investigation.

You May Also Like

El-Sayed’s Rarely Discussed Birth Mother Tied to Terror Charity

Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed seldom brings up his birth mother…

Karmelo Anthony Secures Major Legal Victory in Murder Conviction Case

Karmelo Anthony, the teenager convicted in the fatal stabbing of Austin Metcalf,…

Trump Aide’s Scottish Love Letters Revealed in New Report

Private correspondence from Donald Trump’s longtime personal secretary has drawn fresh attention,…

Foreign Migrant Convicted of Rape Wins Right to Remain in UK

Reform UK and Conservative MPs have renewed demands for sweeping changes to…

America’s Oldest Inmate, Given Last Meal 8 Times, Dies at 101

A Connecticut prisoner believed to have served longer than any inmate in…

Trump-Backed Rep. Harriet Hageman, Who Ousted Liz Cheney, Eyes Higher Office in Deep-Red Wyoming

Wyoming Republicans on Tuesday selected Rep. Harriet Hageman, R-Wyo., as their nominee…

Prince Harry Beams as He Breaks Cover Hours After UK Revelation

Prince Harry appeared in buoyant spirits as he was photographed for the…

Police Swarm SC Home Tied to Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend

Police were seen arriving Wednesday morning at a South Carolina residence connected…

Largest Atlantic Great White on Record Reveals New Location

The largest male great white shark ever documented in the Atlantic has…

Surrogate Who Refused to Abort Baby Faces New Battle Over Child’s Name

A surrogate who declined to terminate a pregnancy after the baby was…

King Charles Reportedly Blindsided by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Move Back to Britain

King Charles is understood to have been caught off guard by news…

Two Girls Found Safe in Trailer After Babysitter Abduction, Police Say

Police body camera video shows the tense rescue of two young sisters…