Taylor Swift's reconciliation phone call with Blake Lively

For years, Blake Lively and Taylor Swift appeared inseparable.

The two stars were often seen side by side, whether in coordinated looks, on glamorous girls’ nights out, or enjoying double dates. Their friendship stretched back more than a decade, and Swift is also godmother to Lively’s children, a sign of just how close the pair had become.

That bond, however, came under intense scrutiny when Lively’s legal dispute with Justin Baldoni began to unfold in 2024.

As the case developed, Swift, 36, found herself pulled into the conflict between Lively, 38, and her former co-star. Court filings made public a series of private text messages between the longtime friends, and speculation mounted that the singer could even be asked to testify.

The shift was noticeable. Swift was no longer being photographed with Lively, and she offered no public show of support for the actress. Before long, reports began circulating that the once-solid friendship had collapsed.

But the question remains: was their relationship truly over, or had it simply retreated from public view?

Blake Lively and Taylor Swift were closer than sisters and did everything together – including coordinating outfits, as seen above in New York on December 13, 2023 

Swift’s upcoming wedding to Travis Kelce is the talk of the town, as stars pray they will make the exclusive guest list 

For, no matter how far fetched it may seem, insiders are now warning fans not to rule out an appearance from Lively at Swift’s imminent wedding to NFL star Travis Kelce.

In fact, so optimistic is Lively about the possibility of reconciliation, she has reportedly already got a dress picked out.

‘Taylor was not happy about being dragged into the lawsuit but was more receptive to speaking to Blake as the suit came to a close,’ one insider told the Daily Mail. ‘Blake was ready to resume their friendship because it really was what caused its demise.’

Since their friendship fractured, both parties are said to have made an effort to revive their once rock-solid relationship, with our insider revealing the former pals ‘have spoken on the phone,’ adding: ‘Everyone around Taylor is aware that Blake could attend. She may not, but that won’t be because she isn’t welcome.’

Another source added: ‘Blake is on the cusp of getting a second chance, and they have had some loose conversations to test the waters to get the trust back. Blake is slowly getting back into the fold now that Taylor is having a change of heart.’ 

A third source claimed Lively does not ‘want to be seen as not going to the wedding’ because ‘her image is very important to her.’ The Gossip Girl actress has notably struggled to maintain her squeaky-clean reputation through the lengthy Baldoni showdown.

The Lively source said that despite a tumultuous relationship in recent years, Swift and the actress ‘never fully stopped being friends.’

Celebrity blogger Rob Shuter, claimed Lively has been focused on resuscitating her friendship with Swift, claiming the actress ‘genuinely believes there’s still a path back… now that the legal mess is over.’

He also disclosed that Lively is so prepared for the impending nuptials that she ‘already has a dress picked out for Taylor’s wedding.’

It was assumed that Lively would not be invited following her legal tussle with Justin Baldoni, which Swift was dragged into 

But sources have told the Daily Mail that she may well attend: ‘Everyone around Taylor is aware that Blake could attend. She may not, but that won’t be because she isn’t welcome’

The women’s fallout surrounded drama around text messages that Swift sent Lively, which were later revealed in court documents despite the pop star’s team previously insisting she was not involved.

Many people thought that Swift was distancing herself from Lively to protect her reputation, but the personal messages proved that Swift confronted the mom-of-four about the rift.

Unsealed text messages released from court records in January confirmed that the pair openly discussed the negative ‘shift’ in their relationship which was brought on by Lively’s sexual harassment lawsuit against Baldoni and the defamation countersuit he filed against her. Both parties denied the claims against them. Eventually, his defamation suit and her sexual harassment claims were dismissed.

The text messages also showed the two longtime pals trying to restore their friendship after Swift complained that Lively’s communications with her felt unnatural.

Swift wrote in one message: ‘I feel really bad saying anything about this because your texts have been so nice in their intent but your last few… it’s felt like I was reading a mass corporate email sent to 200 employees.’

The two women also traded unflattering remarks about Baldoni.

According to court papers, Lively called Baldoni the ‘doofus director of my movie’ while Swift agreed to help her, saying: ‘I’ll do anything for you!’

Despite the drama, Lively has likely landed herself a spot at Swift’s upcoming wedding, which is rumored to be taking place at New York City’s 20,000-seat Madison Square Garden arena on July 3.

Swift and Kelce are rumored to betying the knot at an intimate ceremony before an event at MSG on July 3

It looks unlikely that former Swift squad member Keleigh Teller will beat the nuptials

It looks unlikely that former Swift squad member Keleigh Teller will beat the nuptials

The Daily Mail previously reported that the couple will also say ‘I do’ at a private, more intimate ceremony with close family and friends.

Guests are expected to include Swift’s besties, singer Selena Gomez and stylist Ashley Avignone, as well as Kelce’s Kansas City Chiefs teammate Patrick Mahomes and his wife Brittany.

One former friend not expected to attend is Keleigh Teller.

Swift was once inseparable with Miles Teller’s wife. In fact, the duo was so close that Keleigh gifted Swift an enormous opal ring for the Opalite singer’s 34th birthday, which seemingly cemented her spot in Swift’s exclusive girl squad.

We were previously told that mutual friends of the couples ‘are actively trying’ behind the scenes to mend the rift in time for the star-studded nuptials, but as allegations are thrown around, a reconciliation is starting to feel more distant.

The same insider claimed Lively ‘had allegedly become envious of Keleigh’ and ‘felt threatened by Keleigh and Taylor’s closeness and tried to tear their friendship apart to be Taylor’s number one.’

Now, there is nothing to be threatened by, as it looks more likely that Lively made the list.

The Daily Mail has reached out to representatives Swift for comment. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Rape Warning Booklet for Asylum Seekers Branded Pointless by Critics

A Home Office leaflet explaining to asylum seekers that rape is a…

Married NY Doctor’s Humiliating Texts to Stripper Mistress

A married New York doctor begged his stripper mistress to show mercy…

NY AG Hopeful Slams Socialist’s Shoplifting Is a Right Claim

Republican attorney general hopeful Saritha Komatireddy on Thursday sharply criticized a socialist…

LA Mayoral Race Intensifies After Karen Bass Labels Nithya Raman Lazy

The Los Angeles mayoral debate quickly turned combative when Mayor Karen Bass…

Fewer Than 1 in 4 Brits Want Harry and Meghan Back in the UK

Public support for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returning to the UK…

Kennedy: The Moment Meghan Markle Lost America

Did Meghan Markle happen to notice the elegant custom calligraphy displayed on…

Forecast Models Confirm Super El Niño Is Rapidly Developing

A developing Super El Niño is gaining strength and may rank among…

Meghan Markle Denies Claim She Wanted to Become a U.S. Senator

Meghan Markle has pushed back against claims that she sought a path…

Newly Single Margaret Qualley Joins Elordi at Dog Star Premiere

Margaret Qualley stepped back into the spotlight on Thursday, appearing without her…

California Family’s $18M COVID Relief Fraud Spurs Senate Crackdown on Fraudster Families

WASHINGTON — Call it a family affair in fraud. A California clan…

Gwyneth Paltrow Reportedly Glad Meghan Markle Is Moving Out of Montecito

Montecito, California, is no stranger to disruption, from earthquakes and mudslides to…

Baby Dies After Doctor Grandmother Leaves Her in Hot Car, Police Say

Stacey Fazenbaker rushed across the parking lot of her medical practice, gripped…