Cincinnati man who lost eye in unsolved random beating says crime 'out of control' after brutal viral assault
Share this @internewscast.com

After a viral public beatdown in downtown Cincinnati, another resident and victim of a heinous violent crime is speaking out about his experience with roving mobs in the city.

On Sept. 23, 2023, Chris Lewis, then 39, was walking home late at night from a Cincinnati Reds game when he was randomly jumped by three juveniles. 

“They just immediately sucker-punched me in the eye,” Lewis told Fox News Digital in an interview Monday. “And then, right as soon as that happened, I knew that I was in trouble.” 

Christopher Lewis in Cincinnati, Ohio

Christopher Lewis stands on the corner of Liberty and Elm streets, where he was brutally attacked in 2023, in Cincinnati Monday, Aug. 4, 2025. Lewis was attacked by a group of juveniles in 2023, and he permanently lost his left eye.  (Julia Bonavita/Fox News Digital )

“The detective pretty much told us to move on and not worry about apprehending these kids,” Karen Lewis said. “He said even if they did find them, they would basically be let out almost immediately. He said at least one of these kids was a really bad kid and had been in trouble before.  He said that he would do something someday and karma would catch up with him.”

She blames a “soft-on-crime attitude of the juvenile court system” in Cincinnati. 

“The juvenile court system fails the citizens of Cincinnati. Crime is kept quiet. My son thought he was safe and later found out that a lot of crime is not made public,” she said. 

Mayor Aftab Pureval arrives at a press conference about early Saturday morning’s viral beatdown in downtown Cincinnati

Mayor Aftab Pureval arrives at a press conference about the viral beatdown in downtown Cincinnati. (Fox News Digital )

Cincinnati Police Public Information Officer Lt. Jonathan Cunningham said suspects were difficult to identify because Lewis’ beating happened in the early morning hours.

“I have not had the opportunity to review this case in detail, but if my memory serves me correctly, extensive investigatory hours were put into this case with all leads being exhausted,” he said. “At the onset of this case, many local media covered the story. Again, our investigative teams work tirelessly on all reports of violence in an effort to hold those accountable for their violent behavior.”

He said a suspect was eventually found, but had a provable alibi. 

During the brutal July 26 beatdown, which has reverberated across the country, one woman, identified only as Holly, was left with serious brain trauma. 

cincinnati-brawl-victim-holly

Holly, a victim of the viral Cincinnati assault, was knocked unconscious on the ground (left) and with injuries after the attack (right).  (Tricia Mackie/Fox 19 on X; X/@Anthea06274890)

“It’s been very, very hard, and I’m still recovering,” Holly said in a video posted online. “I still have very bad brain trauma.”

“I just want to say thank you so much to everyone for all of the love and support. It is very humbling that you have sent your prayers, your blessings. It’s definitely what’s keeping me going, and you have just brought back faith and humanity.”

According to the latest update from police, four suspects have been arrested, and two more are still at large. Though the viral video shows only two primary victims, police say there are four other victims of the attack.

Further investigations, arrests and charges are expected, according to Cincinnati Mayor Aftab Pureval. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Browns open to giving Shedeur Sanders 'extended look' as starter

Cleveland Browns Consider Shedeur Sanders for Starting QB Role: An In-Depth Look

Shedeur Sanders may soon find himself leading the Cleveland Browns as their…
JSO employee arrested for trying to meet minor for sex in St. Johns County

Tragic Discovery: Authorities Investigate Fatal Incident Following Gunfire in Southside Area

Authorities have assured the public that the incident appears to be a…
Vanessa Hudgens, Cole Tucker welcome second child

Vanessa Hudgens and Cole Tucker Celebrate the Arrival of Their Second Child

Vanessa Hudgens, renowned for her role in “High School Musical,” announced a…
Victims in deadly Colorado carjacking crash identified as suspect's ID kept under wraps: 'Incomprehensible'

Identities of Colorado Carjacking Crash Victims Revealed, Suspect’s Name Remains Confidential

Authorities have identified the victims of a tragic car crash in Colorado…
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu submits request for a pardon during his ongoing corruption trial

Netanyahu’s Bold Move: Seeks Presidential Pardon Amidst Intensifying Corruption Trial

In a bold move, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has approached the…
Parolee with lengthy criminal history identified in deadly crash that killed Colorado father, 3 children

Parolee with Extensive Criminal Record Involved in Fatal Colorado Crash, Claiming Lives of Father and Three Children

Authorities have identified the victims of a devastating car crash in Colorado…
New Hulu special fuses fashion and science to commemorate World AIDS Day

Hulu’s Unique Special Blends Fashion with Science in Honor of World AIDS Day

Fashion designers have long been recognized for their ability to weave narratives…
Chinese cyberattack campaign likely impacted every American, former FBI official says

Massive Chinese Cyberattack Allegedly Affects Every American, Claims Ex-FBI Official

An alarming revelation from a former FBI official suggests that nearly every…
Rioters throw trash, garbage cans at ICE vehicles in New York City; multiple arrests

New York City Chaos: Rioters Target ICE Vehicles with Trash Barrage, Prompting Multiple Arrests

Authorities have confirmed that multiple arrests took place on Saturday following an…
Afghan National Freed Under Biden Program Arrested After TikTok Bomb Threat in Fort Worth

Controversial Release: Afghan National’s TikTok Bomb Threat Shakes Fort Worth After Biden Program Grant

An Afghan national, who entered the United States through President Biden’s Operation…
Intel Official Busted for Selling Top Secret Info to Foreign Nation Because He Was ‘Disturbed’ by Trump

Kash Patel Reveals Compelling Updates on Comey Case and the Use of ‘Burn Bags

Recently, a judge dismissed the case against former FBI Director James Comey…
National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe still ‘fighting for his life’ after DC shooting

National Guardsman Andrew Wolfe in Critical Condition Following Washington, D.C. Shooting

In a harrowing incident in Washington, D.C., West Virginia National Guardsman Andrew…