Gunman Shoots at Toronto U.S. Consulate, 2nd Time This Year - Internewscast Journal
Gunman Shoots at Toronto U.S. Consulate, 2nd Time This Year

A gunman opened fire on the U.S. Consulate in Toronto on Monday, in what authorities said was the second shooting targeting the building this year.

Investigators recovered one shell casing at the scene and found visible damage to the consulate’s exterior facade.

No one was injured in the shooting, officials said.

“The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Canada are open and operating normally, though some routine U.S. citizen services in Toronto are being rescheduled,” the consulate said in a statement.

U.S. Consulate in Toronto

Police at the scene of a shooting outside the U.S. Consulate in Toronto on Monday, July 27, 2026. (Sammy Kogan/The Canadian Press via AP)

Toronto Deputy Police Chief Frank Barredo said officers pursued a suspect vehicle in a high-speed chase that continued for about an hour after the shooting. No arrests were made, but Barredo said the search for those responsible remains active.

“We will approach this investigation with great seriousness,” Barredo told reporters at a news conference. “We will bring the people responsible for this to justice.”

Toronto Mayor Olivia Chow condemned the incident, calling it a “brazen attack.”

“I want to say to the person or persons responsible, we will get you,” she said.

This was the second shooting targeting the U.S. Consulate this year, with the first coming on March 10, when two suspects allegedly fired multiple shots at the building before driving away in a stolen vehicle.

Toronto Police Deputy Chief Frank Barredo

Toronto Police Deputy Chief Frank Barredo at a press conference after a shot was fired at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto, on Monday, July 27, 2026. (Sammy Kogan/The Canadian Press via AP)

Sheldon Tracy-Stewart, 18, and Zara Jabbi, 19, were arrested last month and charged with multiple offenses in connection with the March shooting. The allegations have not been tested in court.

A police presence has been seen at the consulate since the first shooting.

Barredo said a patrol vehicle was outside the consulate with its lights on when the shooting happened. Two security personnel were also in the building.

Last month, police said they believed multiple shootings, including the one in March, could be tied to “multilayered” gun-for-hire networks that have also targeted Toronto synagogues.

Two popular Jewish-owned bakeries were targeted by gunfire over the weekend.

Police in Toronto

Police investigating after a shot was fired at the U.S. Consulate in Toronto, on Monday, July 27, 2026. (Sammy Kogan/The Canadian Press via AP)

Barredo said police had not ruled out a connection between Monday’s consulate shooting and the attacks on the bakeries. The motive for the consulate shooting remains under investigation.

“Investigators will follow the evidence to where it leads,” he said.

Doug Ford, the premier of Ontario, said he was “disgusted” by the recent violence in Toronto.

“I’m totally disgusted by the shootings and vandalism that took place in Toronto over the last few days, including at two Jewish-owned businesses over the weekend and near the U.S. Consulate this morning,” he said on X. “In all cases, active police investigations are underway. I expect all those responsible to be found, prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Trial Begins for Man Accused of Orchestrating Tupac Shakur’s 1996 Killing - Internewscast Journal

Trial Begins for Man Accused of Orchestrating Tupac Shakur’s 1996 Killing

Prosecutors are expected to rely heavily on the defendant’s own account, including…
What Sparked the Wild Steakhouse Brawl in Beverly Hills? - Internewscast Journal

What Sparked the Wild Steakhouse Brawl in Beverly Hills?

A night out at one of Beverly Hills’ upscale steakhouses reportedly spiraled…
Man With 7 Prior Convictions Arrested 3 Times in 12 Days Over Alleged Attacks on Women - Internewscast Journal

Man With 7 Prior Convictions Arrested 3 Times in 12 Days Over Alleged Attacks on Women

An Oklahoma man has been taken into custody three times in less…
Hayden Panettiere’s Life, Losses, and Public Struggles: What We Know - Internewscast Journal

Hayden Panettiere’s Life, Losses, and Public Struggles: What We Know

Hayden Panettiere, the actress known to millions for her role on “Nashville,”…
Married Father’s Fatal 150-Foot Fall From MSG Balcony Ruled Accidental, Officials Say - Internewscast Journal

Married Father’s Fatal 150-Foot Fall From MSG Balcony Ruled Accidental, Officials Say

The death of a married Connecticut father of two who fell from…
Hawaii Waterfall Surges After Hurricane in Before-After Video - Internewscast Journal

Hawaii Waterfall Surges After Hurricane in Before-After Video

A dramatic weather post on social media has quickly ignited widespread reaction…
American Tourist Dies After Lightning Strike While Hiking Sicily’s Mount Etna - Internewscast Journal

American Tourist Dies After Lightning Strike While Hiking Sicily’s Mount Etna

An American tourist has died after being struck by lightning while hiking…
Australia Announces Sweeping Gun Buyback After Bondi Beach Terror Attack as Push for Sensible Reform Grows - Internewscast Journal

Australia Announces Sweeping Gun Buyback After Bondi Beach Terror Attack as Push for Sensible Reform Grows

New South Wales is preparing to launch Australia’s first state-run gun buyback…
Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns - Internewscast Journal

Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns

Luigi Mangione pleads guilty in federal case Luigi Mangione has pleaded guilty…
El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race - Internewscast Journal

El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race

Michigan’s Senate contest is quickly becoming one of the most closely watched…
Suffolk County Quietly Approves $4M Gunshot Detector Deal With Controversial Surveillance Firm - Internewscast Journal

Suffolk County Quietly Approves $4M Gunshot Detector Deal With Controversial Surveillance Firm

Suffolk County has quietly approved a five-year contract worth nearly $4 million…
Hayden Panettiere Death Claim: What to Know About the Scream Star - Internewscast Journal

Hayden Panettiere Death Claim: What to Know About the Scream Star

Hayden Panettiere, the actress known to audiences for her work in the…