Crime scene with police and forensic officers.

A MUM has told of her horror after her two-year-old son’s nursery was plunged into lockdown following a quadruple stabbing at a nearby business.

Two people were killed in the terrifying attack in Southwark, London, and two remain in hospital.

Crime scene with police and forensic officers.
A murder investigation has been launched following a fatal stabbing in Central LondonCredit: UKNIP
Forensic officers at a murder scene.
Emergency services rushed to the scene where three men were taken to hospitalCredit: UKNIP

Emergency services were alerted to the attack at 1.04pm on Monday. Upon their arrival at a local business on Long Lane, they discovered that four individuals had been stabbed.

A 58-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene and a 27-year-old man later died in hospital.

Police have detained a man in connection with the incident, who is now in a critical condition in hospital.

The fourth man reportedly sustained injuries which were not life threatening.

The horrifying incident has left the community shaken, particularly after a nearby nursery was plunged into lockdown.

One mum told of about the horrifying moment that she heard about the stabbing near Long Lane in Southwark.

Opting to remain unnamed, she informed MailOnline: “[The nursery] sent us an alert while I was at work, notifying us of a stabbing and that the roads would be cordoned off.

“It’s terrifying. As I headed to the nursery, I tried to gather information on whether the attack was targeted or random because you often hear about stabbings in London.”

She added: “It’s really shocking. To have this in an area where I’m raising a child makes me worry that I shouldn’t be living somewhere like this now that we have a family.”

Detective Chief Superintendent Emma Bond, who leads policing for the area, said: “Our investigation is in the early stages and we are working hard to understand the full circumstances of this shocking incident.

Man in his 30s dies after being stabbed outside casino on posh London street

“At this point, we do not believe it to be terrorism-related and there is no further risk to the public.

“There will be a heavy police presence in the area throughout today and I would encourage anyone with information to speak with officers or contact the Met by other means.”

At the time, a spokesperson for London Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 1.04pm today to reports of a stabbing on Long Lane, SE1.

“We sent a number of resources to the scene, including ambulance crews, advanced paramedics, incident response officers, a command support vehicle and paramedics from our tactical response unit.

“We also dispatched a trauma team in a car from London’s Air Ambulance, which consisted of a paramedic and a doctor in a car.

“We treated four people at the scene. We took three patients to major trauma centres as a priority.

“Very sadly, despite the best efforts of our crews, a person was pronounced dead at the scene.”

Police are now appealing for more information about the incident and have urged anyone with more details to phone 101, quoting CAD3499/28.

Alternatively, witnesses can contact the Met Police online.

Natasha Ennin, Southwark Council’s Cabinet Member for Community Safety and Neighbourhoods, shared that the Council were “horrified” by the attack.

She said: “I’m horrified and deeply saddened by the deaths of two men in our borough today.

“My heartfelt condolences go to their families and friends. Police have launched a murder investigation and have said this evening they do not believe the incident to be terrorism-related, and that there is no further risk to the public.

“If you can help police with information please call 101 or report online.

“There are extra police in the Long Lane area this evening and we will remain in close contact with police as they continue their investigation.”

Forensic investigator at a crime scene.
A 27-year-old man has since died in hospitalCredit: UKNIP

You May Also Like

Lindsay Clancy Attorney Rips Tone-Deaf Prosecutors in Case - Internewscast Journal

Lindsay Clancy Attorney Rips Tone-Deaf Prosecutors in Case

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts, contact the…
Karmelo Anthony Prosecutor Reveals Evidence Jury Never Saw - Internewscast Journal

Karmelo Anthony Prosecutor Reveals Evidence Jury Never Saw

Hours before Austin Metcalf was fatally stabbed, Karmelo Anthony’s former girlfriend had…
Missouri Court Clears GOP-Friendly U.S. House Map for November Election - Internewscast Journal

Missouri Court Clears GOP-Friendly U.S. House Map for November Election

A Missouri judge has cleared the way for newly drawn U.S. House…
Harvard Wins Dismissal of Antisemitism Lawsuit as Judge Sides With University - Internewscast Journal

Harvard Wins Dismissal of Antisemitism Lawsuit as Judge Sides With University

– Harvard wins dismissal of DOJ antisemitism lawsuit before a local federal…
Historic Keasbey Fire Department Dissolved After 118 Years Serving Woodbridge, NJ - Internewscast Journal

Historic Keasbey Fire Department Dissolved After 118 Years Serving Woodbridge, NJ

A century-old firehouse has been extinguished. A New Jersey fire department that…
CBP officers seize nearly 850 pounds of khat packed into 12 suitcases after flight from London

CBP Seizes Nearly 850 Pounds of Khat in 12 Suitcases After London Flight

Customs officers at a Maryland airport say they intercepted nearly 850 pounds…
Black Bear Dies After Days Trying to Escape a Locked Car - Internewscast Journal

Black Bear Dies After Days Trying to Escape a Locked Car

A black bear in Colorado was found dead after becoming trapped for…
Judge Weighs New Trial for Karmelo Anthony After Legal Win - Internewscast Journal

Judge Weighs New Trial for Karmelo Anthony After Legal Win

A Texas judge is set to weigh on Thursday whether teenager Karmelo…
Hurricanes Goalie Brandon Bussi Brings the Cup Home to Long Island - Internewscast Journal

Hurricanes Goalie Brandon Bussi Brings the Cup Home to Long Island

Talk about bringing everyone onto the same ice. Hurricanes goaltender Brandon Bussi…
Karmelo Anthony Scores Legal Victory as Trial Judge Is Removed From Appeal - Internewscast Journal

Karmelo Anthony Scores Legal Victory as Trial Judge Is Removed From Appeal

Karmelo Anthony, who was previously convicted in the murder of 17-year-old Austin…
Armed Woman Sought in Massachusetts After Veteran Police Officer Found Dead at Home - Internewscast Journal

Armed Woman Sought in Massachusetts After Veteran Police Officer Found Dead at Home

A 58-year-old woman linked to a longtime Massachusetts police officer found dead…
Teacher Found Dead With Throat Slit as Husband’s Story Shifts - Internewscast Journal

Teacher Found Dead With Throat Slit as Husband’s Story Shifts

A Colorado elementary school teacher was discovered dead inside her Lakewood home,…