Trump says Elon Musk could face 'serious consequences' if he backs Democratic candidates
Share this @internewscast.com

BRIDGEWATER, N.J. — President Donald Trump remains firm in his dispute with Elon Musk, stating on Saturday that he is not interested in mending their relationship and cautioned that his one-time supporter and campaign contributor may face “serious consequences” if he attempts to aid Democrats in the upcoming elections.

During a phone conversation with NBC’s Kristen Welker, Trump mentioned that he does not intend to reconcile with Musk. When questioned whether he believes his connection with the influential CEO of Tesla and SpaceX is finished, Trump replied, “I would assume so, yeah.”

“I’m preoccupied with other matters,” Trump added. “You know, I won an election by a large margin. I offered him considerable support in the past, during my first term, providing him breaks and essentially saving his life. I have no plans to converse with him again.”

The president also issued a warning amid chatter that Musk could back Democratic lawmakers and candidates in the 2026 midterm elections.

“If he does, he’ll have to pay the consequences for that,” Trump told NBC, though he declined to share what those consequences would be. Musk’s businesses have many lucrative federal contracts.

The president’s latest comments suggest Musk is moving from close ally to a potential new target for Trump, who has aggressively wielded the powers of his office to crack down on critics and punish perceived enemies. As a major government contractor, Musk’s businesses could be particularly vulnerable to retribution. Trump has already threatened to cut Musk’s contracts, calling it an easy way to save money.

The dramatic rupture between the president and the world’s richest man began this week with Musk’s public criticism of Trump’s “big beautiful bill” pending on Capitol Hill. Musk has warned that the bill will increase the federal deficit and called it a “disgusting abomination.”

Trump criticized Musk in the Oval Office, and before long, he and Musk began trading bitterly personal attacks on social media, sending the White House and GOP congressional leaders scrambling to assess the fallout.

As the back-and-forth intensified, Musk suggested Trump should be impeached and claimed without evidence that the government was concealing information about the president’s association with infamous pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Musk appeared by Saturday morning to have deleted his posts about Epstein.

Vice President JD Vance in an interview tried to downplay the feud. He said Musk was making a “huge mistake” going after Trump, but called him an “emotional guy” getting frustrated.

“I hope that eventually Elon comes back into the fold. Maybe that’s not possible now because he’s gone so nuclear,” Vance said.

Vance called Musk an “incredible entrepreneur,” and said that Musk’s Department of Government Efficiency, which sought to cut government spending and laid off or pushed out thousands of workers, was “really good.”

Vance made the comments in an interview with ” manosphere” comedian Theo Von, who last month joked about snorting drugs off a mixed-race baby and the sexuality of men in the U.S. Navy when he opened for Trump at a military base in Qatar.

The Vance interview was taped Thursday as Musk’s posts were unfurling on X, the social media network the billionaire owns.

During the interview, Von showed the vice president Musk’s claim that Trump’s administration hasn’t released all the records related to Epstein because Trump is mentioned in them.

Vance responded to that, saying, “Absolutely not. Donald Trump didn’t do anything wrong with Jeffrey Epstein.”

“This stuff is just not helpful,” Vance said in response to another post shared by Musk calling for Trump to be impeached and replaced with Vance.

“It’s totally insane. The president is doing a good job.”

Vance also defended the bill that has drawn Musk’s ire, and said its central goal was not to cut spending but to extend the 2017 tax cuts approved in Trump’s first term.

The bill would slash spending and taxes but also leave some 10.9 million more people without health insurance and spike deficits by $2.4 trillion over the decade, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

“It’s a good bill,” Vance said. “It’s not a perfect bill.”

The interview was taped in Nashville at a restaurant owned by musician Kid Rock, a Trump ally.

Copyright © 2025 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
DOJ blocks California's mask ban for federal agents

California’s Mask Ban Halted: DOJ Steps in to Protect Federal Agents’ Safety

The Department of Justice has successfully intervened to prevent Gavin Newsom from…
Avalanche survivors tried to dig friends out of giant snow pack

Heroic Rescue: Survivors Battle Massive Snow Pack to Save Friends in Avalanche Aftermath

Details have emerged about the harrowing moments after a tragic avalanche near…
Officials working to recover bodies from deadly Lake Tahoe avalanche close all forest land and trails for next three weeks

Tragic Lake Tahoe Avalanche Prompts 3-Week Forest Closure: Recovery Efforts Underway

In the wake of a devastating avalanche near Lake Tahoe, recovery crews…
California avalanche that killed 8 is deadliest in state history

Tragic Avalanche Claims Eight Lives in California’s Most Lethal Snow Disaster

The tragic avalanche that occurred near Lake Tahoe, California, this week has…
King Charles vows 'full and wholehearted support' to the investigation into disgraced brother Andrew

King Charles Commits Unwavering Support to Investigation into Brother Andrew’s Conduct

King Charles III has vowed to offer “complete and unwavering support” for…
Woman finds 'smiling' rock on UK island

UK Island Discovery: Woman Uncovers Rare ‘Smiling’ Rock Formation

Open wide! During a recent trip with her husband, a woman’s quest…
Trump to release government UFO and 'extraterrestrial life' files

Trump to Unveil Government UFO Files: Potential Revelations on Extraterrestrial Life

In a significant move that has sparked widespread intrigue, President Trump declared…
Organized South American crime group burglarizes over 60 high-end Houston-area homes targeting designer goods

Luxury Loot: Inside the South American Crime Syndicate Targeting Houston’s Elite Homes

A sophisticated burglary operation has struck over 60 luxury residences throughout the…
Second alleged Guthrie ransom deadline missed, sparking new theories from Bongino, former FBI agent and doctor

How Ring’s Neighbors App is Revolutionizing the Search for Missing Seniors: The Nancy Guthrie Case

According to a cybersecurity expert, the Ring ‘Neighbors’ app might play a…
Georgia man who charged US Capitol with shotgun told police he wanted to 'talk' to Congress, court docs say

Georgia Man Arrested for Storming Capitol with Shotgun Claims Intent to ‘Talk’ to Congress, Court Documents Reveal

An 18-year-old from Georgia, who was apprehended with a loaded firearm on…
NYC's most poop-filled areas revealed -- as dog waste complaints hit record highs

New Data Reveals NYC Neighborhoods with Highest Dog Waste Complaints Amid Record Surge

Complaints are mounting at an alarming rate. A sidewalk in New York…
Chicago tax attorney Adam Beckerink, accused of murdering wife Caitlin Tracey at South Loop condo, pleads not guilty

Chicago Tax Attorney Adam Beckerink Pleads Not Guilty in High-Profile South Loop Condo Murder Case

In a gripping courtroom scene this past Thursday, a Chicago tax attorney…