Trump official behind most savage government employee purge gets brutal dose of karma
Share this @internewscast.com

The Donald Trump aide who spearheaded the take down of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) has been cut from the State Department. 

Pete Marocco, who led the dismantlement of 83 percent of all US foreign aid programs and was appointed the head of the Inter-American Foundation, has allegedly left the department amid clashes with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio.

‘Pete was brought to State with a big mission – to conduct an exhaustive review of every dollar spent on foreign assistance,’ a senior administration official said. 

‘He conducted that historic task and exposed egregious abuses of taxpayer dollars. We all expect big things are in store for Pete on his next mission.’

Another government official reportedly implied it was not Marocco’s decision to leave the department and he learned he was being axed last week. 

They would not give any further clarification on the nature of his departure. 

He and Rubio had conflicting ideas about how foreign cuts should be executed, The Wall Street Journal reported. 

Over the course of a 90-day review of assistance programs, Marocco was reportedly in favor of more extensive cuts, while Rubio fought to keep life-saving efforts intact. 

On Thursday, he held a ‘listening session’ with experts at the State Department to discuss the future of America’s foreign aid programs. 

Pete Marocco (pictured), who led the dismantlement of 83 percent of all US foreign aid programs and was appointed the head of the Inter-American Foundation, has left the State Department

Pete Marocco (pictured), who led the dismantlement of 83 percent of all US foreign aid programs and was appointed the head of the Inter-American Foundation, has left the State Department 

DOGE's dismantlement of the USAID sparked outrage and protests from Elon Musk's critics (pictured: demonstrators during a 'Hands Off' protest outside of the USAID office on April 5)

DOGE’s dismantlement of the USAID sparked outrage and protests from Elon Musk’s critics (pictured: demonstrators during a ‘Hands Off’ protest outside of the USAID office on April 5)

Marocco returned to the State Department as the director of foreign assistance less than a month ago after serving as the deputy administrator of USAID as it was dismantled.

The Trump administration has slashed about 90 percent of the USAID’s foreign contracts, the Associated Press reported.  

‘I am going to return to my post as the Director of Foreign Assistance to bring value back to the American people,’ he wrote in an email obtained by Reuters. 

It is unclear if Marocco is completely leaving the State Department or being moved to a different position. 

Hawaiian Democratic Senator Brian Schatz said: ‘Marocco’s tenure brought chaos to USAID, reckless and unlawful policy to the State Department, and dismantled long-standing US foreign policy.’

The Trump loyalist was appointed the only employee of the Inter-American Foundation (IAF) in February after Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) eviscerated the entire agency. 

The IAF is a government agency that supports Latin American and Caribbean groups, according to its website. 

He first assumed the role of the only board member, but soon declared himself the foundation’s president and CEO. 

Marocco cut all of the grants IAF was providing except for one, according to the Associated Press.  

The headcount at the independent federal agency prior to DOGE’s interference was 48, and the average employee salary was $131,000 each year, according to Elon Musk’s department.

Marocco allegedly clashed with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio (pictured) over how to execute foreign aid cuts

Marocco allegedly clashed with US Secretary of State Marco Rubio (pictured) over how to execute foreign aid cuts 

The Trump administration slashed about 90 percent of the USAID's foreign contracts (pictured: demonstrators outside of the USAID office on April 5)

The Trump administration slashed about 90 percent of the USAID’s foreign contracts (pictured: demonstrators outside of the USAID office on April 5)

‘The Inter-American Foundation, an agency whose primary action was to issue federal grants ($60million budget), has been reduced to its statutory minimum (1 active employee),’ DOGE posted to its X account.

The cuts to the agency were made in response to Trump’s February 19 executive order to reduce the roles of the IAF, the Presidio Trust, the US African Development Foundation and the US Institute of Peace.

A federal judge ruled on April 4 the Trump administration had no authority to tear the IAF apart and remove its president Sara Aviel, according to the Associated Press. 

Aviel has sued the Trump administration following her and her employees’ removals.   

US District Judge Loren AliKhan said: ‘Because neither President Trump nor Mr. Marocco had the authority to fire her from her position as the president of the IAF, Ms. Aviel is likely to succeed on the merits of her case.’

She determined that all of Marocco’s actions at the IAF did not have any legitimate legal effect. 

AliKhan also barred the White House from reinstating Marocco as an IAF board member unless he gets confirmed by the senate. 

The cuts were made in accordance with an executive order President Donald Trump (pictured) signed last month to reduce the roles of the Inter-American Foundation, the Presidio Trust, the US African Development Foundation and the US Institute of Peace

The cuts were made in accordance with an executive order President Donald Trump (pictured) signed last month to reduce the roles of the Inter-American Foundation, the Presidio Trust, the US African Development Foundation and the US Institute of Peace

Elon Musk's (pictured) Department of Government Efficiency completely eviscerated the Inter-American Foundation

Elon Musk’s (pictured) Department of Government Efficiency completely eviscerated the Inter-American Foundation

Congressional Democrats as well as the agency’s former board chairman have also accused Trump of overstepping its authority by attempting to shut down the agency without Congressional approval.

‘Only an act of Congress – not an executive action – can dissolve or eliminate the IAF,’ Congress members Joaquin Castro, Cory Booker, Tim Kaine and Debbie Wasserman Schultz wrote in a letter to the White House at the time. 

‘Any attempt to unilaterally dismantle the Foundation through executive action violates the law and exceed the constitutional limits of executive authority.’ 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Tucker Carlson claims he was 'detained' in Israeli airport — but ambassador says it was just routine customs check

Tucker Carlson’s ‘Detainment’ Drama at Israeli Airport: Unpacking the Routine Customs Check Controversy

In a recent turn of events, Tucker Carlson, known for his outspoken…
How Ellen of Ellen's Stardust Diner stays in shape at 84

Ellen of Ellen’s Stardust Diner Shares Her Fitness Secrets at 84

Ellen Hart, a cherished local icon at the age of 84, continues…
Delta flight out of Houston forced to turn around to Hobby Airport because of unruly passenger, airline says

Delta Flight from Houston Returns to Hobby Airport Due to Disruptive Passenger, Airline Reports

In Houston, authorities detained a man after he allegedly displayed disruptive and…
Peru interim President Jose Jeri ousted over secret China meetings

Peru’s Interim Leader Jose Jeri Removed Amid Controversy Over Undisclosed China Talks

On Tuesday, Peru’s Congress removed President Jose Jeri from office just four…
Florida conservationists save vision of endangered African rhino with 'bleeding eyes'

Florida Conservationists Restore Sight to Endangered African Rhino Suffering from Rare Eye Condition

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — It might sound outlandish to herd a…
Ash Wednesday 2026 marks the start of Lent, a period of fasting, reflection and fish fries; same day as start of Ramadan

Ash Wednesday 2026 Commences Lent’s Season of Reflection and Fasting, Coinciding with Ramadan’s Inception

This week marks the observance of Ash Wednesday, a day dedicated to…
Judge: Lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings has "no meat on its bones"

Judge Dismisses Flimsy Lawsuit Against Buffalo Wild Wings, Calls Case ‘Boneless

An Illinois judge has dismissed a lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings, determining…
Ex-FBI official flags possible scam as third alleged Nancy Guthrie letter emerges

Unraveling the Mystery: Expert Insights on DNA Testing Timelines in the Nancy Guthrie Case

In Tucson, Arizona, cutting-edge DNA analysis that marries crime scene samples with…
'Worst paper I've ever seen'

Controversial Paper Sparks Outrage: Experts Criticize as ‘Worst Ever Seen

Kevin Hassett, a key economic advisor to President Trump, expressed sharp criticism…
Teen in tactical gear arrested after allegedly charging toward US Capitol with loaded shotgun

Authorities Investigate Motive Behind Georgia Man’s Alleged Armed Approach to Capitol

Authorities are currently investigating the reasons behind the actions of an 18-year-old…
Sheriff's office at center of Nancy Guthrie case spotlighted in new 'Desert Law' TV series

Unraveling Mysteries: How ‘Desert Law’ TV Series Sheds Light on the Nancy Guthrie Case and the Sheriff’s Office Involvement

TUCSON, Ariz. – The Pima County Sheriff’s Office is gaining increased visibility…
Why Chicago had dust on cars Wednesday: Smoke from Oklahoma Ranger Road Fire in atmosphere, making for 'dirty rain' Wednesday

Chicago Cars Coated in Dust: Oklahoma Wildfire Smoke Causes Unusual ‘Dirty Rain

CHICAGO — Did you find your car cloaked in a layer of…