Teen Allegedly Paid by Friend to Kill Friend’s Parents for Inheritance Must Face Jury - Internewscast Journal
Teen Allegedly Paid by Friend to Kill Friend’s Parents for Inheritance Must Face Jury

Insets, from left: Julio Zamora and Darren Munoz (Curry County Sheriff’s Office). Far right: Oscar and Dina Munoz (Facebook). Background: The Clovis, New Mexico, home where Oscar Steve Munoz and Dina Munoz were found shot to death (Google Maps).

Two teenagers in New Mexico are set to stand trial after prosecutors accused them of carrying out a plot to kill one teen’s parents in an alleged bid to collect inheritance money.

Darren Munoz and Julio Zamora, both 19, have now been given separate trial dates after being charged with first-degree murder in the deaths of Munoz’s father, 58-year-old Oscar Steve Munoz, and his stepmother, 71-year-old Dina Munoz. According to previous reporting by Law&Crime, police found the couple dead inside their Clovis, New Mexico, home after receiving a call on the night of Dec. 15, 2025, about a possible burglary at the residence.

When officers arrived, Darren Munoz answered the door and allegedly told them that “everything had been fine there,” though investigators said he appeared reluctant to allow police inside the home.

Investigators later reviewed Darren Munoz’s phone records and said they uncovered an alleged text exchange between him and Zamora in the period leading up to the killings, along with “video snaps” allegedly sent after the crime had been carried out.

Police said Zamora was taken into custody at his home that same day. After being advised of his Miranda rights, he allegedly told investigators that “Darren had asked and solicited him to kill” his parents. Authorities said Zamora had a Glock with him at the time of his arrest and reportedly admitted it was the firearm used in the killings.

Both teens remain jailed without bond at the Curry County Jail. Darren Munoz faces two counts of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and criminal solicitation to commit murder. His trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 25, 2027, and he is expected back in court on Jan. 7, 2027.

Zamora, who is charged with two counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder, is scheduled to go to trial on June 21, 2027. His next court appearance is set for Dec. 14.

The post Teen allegedly hired by his friend to kill his parents for large inheritance once they were ‘out of the picture’ will have to face a jury first appeared on Law & Crime.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Son Asked Dad to Talk, Then Stabbed Him in Neck: Police

Inset: Joseph Niemiec (Hall County Jail). Background: The 4200 block of 21st…

Former Employee Arrested for Alleged Restaurant Theft Case

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Richard David Hunnicutt Jr., 53, was arrested…

Armed Gainesville Man Arrested in Domestic Injunction Violation

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 42-year-old Gainesville man, Reginald Tremaine Thomas,…

5-Year-Old Doing Homework Finds Dad’s Gun, Shoots Himself: Police

Background: The Memphis, Tennessee, home where authorities say the fatal shooting occurred…

Meijer Hostage Standoff: Dead Man’s Switch, Hypnotists Demanded

Inset: Anthony Lehman (Waukesha County Jail). Background: A Meijer store in Waukesha,…

White House Lawyer Opposes ABA Bid to Identify Advisers Behind Trump Law Firm Executive Orders

President Donald Trump listens during a Cabinet meeting on Friday, July 31,…

Trump DOJ Cites James Comey Novel as It Argues Jury Should Decide If Seashells Were Coded Threat to Kill President

Main: Former FBI Director James Comey speaks at Harvard University’s Institute of…