$1.4M Nintendo Switch 2 heist: 2,000+ consoles stolen from truck

BENNETT, Co. (KDVR) — Typically, video games offer an escape into virtual worlds where players can commit fictional crimes, but a recent incident turned the tables when a massive theft involving 2,810 Nintendo Switch 2 consoles occurred in Arapahoe County, Colorado.

On June 8, authorities responded to a call from a Love’s Truck Stop in Bennett, situated approximately an hour’s drive east of Denver, following reports of a significant cargo theft.

The truck driver, whose vehicle had stopped at the truck stop, notified deputies that during a routine pre-trip inspection, he found his trailer had been compromised. The stolen goods included multiple pallets laden with the newly released Nintendo Switch 2 consoles.

.4 Million Nintendo Switch 2 Theft: Over 2,000 Consoles Taken in Truck Heist
Nintendo Switch 2 display is seen at a Best Buy, Thursday, June 5, 2025, in Nashville, Tenn. (AP Photo/George Walker IV)

Each console sells for $499, and the total loss is estimated to be over $1.4 million.

The driver’s route began at Nintendo of America in Washington, and he was heading to a GameStop in Grapevine, Texas. He told investigators that he didn’t know exactly what was in the trailer, other than it was games or toys.

Investigators are unsure if the incident occurred in Bennett or in any other city the truck may have stopped in.

The sheriff’s office said that if the suspect is caught, they will face charges of felony theft valued at $1 million or more and criminal mischief. The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office asks anyone who may have information related to the crime to call the Investigations Tipline at 720-874-8477.

You May Also Like

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…

Ben Gvir Tells Ex-Hostage Israel Should Kill 30-40 Gazans Nightly

JERUSALEM – A far-right Israeli lawmaker serving in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s…

Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered

HARARE – Rescue teams in Zimbabwe continued searching Lake Kariba on Sunday…