Mom made bomb threat against high school after learning daughter was 'not allowed to participate' in school play
Share this @internewscast.com

Inset: Crystal Royster (Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office). Background: Lake Shore High School in St. Clair Shores, Michigan, where Royster called in two bomb threats (Google Maps)

In Michigan, a 42-year-old mother faces jail time for fabricating a bomb threat against a high school in suburban Detroit. The incident arose after her daughter was prohibited from taking part in a school play due to illness. This drastic measure led to Crystal Royster’s sentencing, which was announced last week.

Macomb County Circuit Court Judge Michael E. Servitto has sentenced Royster to two weeks in county jail, to be followed by 18 months of probation. This decision comes after Royster reached a plea agreement with prosecutors, admitting guilt to a felony charge of making a false bomb threat. Initially, she was at risk of receiving up to four years in a state prison.

Royster has already been credited with three days served, according to court records. The case unfolded after Royster made two alarming phone calls to Lake Shore High School in St. Clair Shores, Michigan, on March 12, 2025. During these calls, she falsely claimed that a bomb was present in the school building, prompting a serious response from authorities.

According to a news release from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office, Royster’s actions were spurred by her frustration over her daughter’s exclusion from the school play. The situation underscores the severe consequences of making false threats and serves as a reminder of the importance of addressing grievances through appropriate channels.

According to a news release from the Macomb County Prosecutor’s Office, on March 12, 2025, Royster placed two phone calls to Lake Shore High School in St. Clair Shores, Michigan, each time falsely reporting that there was a bomb in the building.

Police said that Royster called the school after being notified that her daughter was “not allowed to participate in the school play.”

“The daughter could not participate per school policy due to being sick and going home earlier that day. Over 700 people were evacuated from the building,” the release states. “St. Clair Shores Police and other jurisdictions cleared the school and no explosives were located.”

In addition to the standard terms of probation, Royster must also notify the school before being present on school grounds and complete a “Class A impulse control” course. The judge also prohibited Royster from having contact with any of the victims of her threats.

“The defendant was sentenced today for making a false bomb report that resulted in a significant emergency response,” Macomb County Prosecutor Peter J. Lucido said in a statement following the sentencing. “While the court determined that probation was the appropriate outcome, her actions nonetheless caused disruption and concern within the community.”

Royster’s attorney, Daniel Garon, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Law&Crime.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Father Accused of Stabbing 3-Month-Old Son and Abandoning Him in Snow, Claiming Need for ‘Sacrifice,’ Authorities Report

Inset: Michael Phillips (WPVI/YouTube). Background: The Pennsylvania apartment complex where cops say…

FBI Breakthrough: Savannah Guthrie’s Emotional Appeal in Shocking Glove Discovery Linked to Suspect

In a poignant appeal, “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie reached out to…

US TV Host’s Emotional Appeal: A Heartfelt Plea to Mother’s Alleged Kidnappers Sparks Nationwide Attention

US TV anchor Savannah Guthrie has issued another direct plea to her…

Heartfelt Plea for Justice Following Teen’s Devastating One-Punch Assault Fracture

A teenager is in hospital with serious brain injuries after he was…

Man Evades Murder Charge After Placing Woman’s Remains in Tote Bin by Dumpster

Daniel Clark (Arvada police) and Chelsea Beadles (1st Judicial District Attorney”s Office).…

Tragic Infanticide: Babysitter Charged After 10-Month-Old Dies from Severe Injuries

Left inset: Jacob Ray Wescott (Kershaw County Sheriff’s Office). Right inset: Baby…

Lawsuit Alleges Neglect Led to Walmart Greeter’s Death from Work-Related Injuries and Severe Bedsores in Nursing Home

Inset: Tamara Bircumshaw (Lindquist Mortuary). Background: The Utah nursing home where Tamara…

Elderly Man Abducted in Shocking Case of Mistaken Identity Sparks Growing Concerns

Police admit they fear for the wellbeing of an 85-year-old Sydney man,…

Suspect Detained for Illegally Carrying Concealed Firearm at Oaks Mall

Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 19-year-old named Elijah Levin Williams was…

Man Admits to Fatally Shooting Girlfriend Over Alleged Infidelity, Police Report

Left inset: Jayme Rogers (Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office) Right inset: Jaime Dick…

Ex-Police Chief’s Revenge Rampage: Arson Spree Targets Alleged Enemies

David Crawford (Prince George’s County Fire:EMS Department and YouTube screengrabs) A former…