Karoline Leavitt has confirmed she is moving into a new role with MAGA Inc., the super PAC closely aligned with President Donald Trump.
The press secretary is leaving her high-profile post in the Trump administration after welcoming her second child in May.
Leavitt, 28, emerged as a prominent Republican figure during Trump’s second term, regularly commanding attention from the White House briefing room to major political events.
The mother of two is now set to join the GOP-backed political action committee, which is reportedly preparing to deploy as much as $350 million in campaign spending ahead of the midterm elections.
She shared the news Friday night while aboard Air Force One, though she did not disclose what title she will hold at MAGA Inc.
At the same time, Trump has been openly floating potential names for the person who could succeed Leavitt as both press secretary and a trusted member of his inner circle.
The president said he already had one possible replacement in mind, while noting that his team has sifted through a large number of applications for the sought-after position.
Asked this week before boarding Air Force One who might replace Leavitt, the 80-year-old Trump teased the reporters gathered nearby, saying, “Maybe you, maybe you,” as he gestured toward the press corps.

Leavitt, 28, quickly became an icon in her own right during Trump’s second term, taking center stage at his press conferences at the White House and beyond

Melania Trump and White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt attend the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in April 2026
One asked if he’d consider Scott Jennings, a conservative commentator who often appears on shows like CNN.
‘Scott Jennings is good,’ the Republican leader said without hesitation, before continuing to joke that the White House reporters amongst him could potentially have the role.
MORE STORY: Video Shows Final Moments of NYC Grandma Alisa Goods Found Dead
‘I will tell you this,’ he said. ‘I have never had so many job applications in my life.’
Leavitt nodded, saying wholeheartedly: ‘Yes, sir.’
‘They all want that job, they love that job,’ Trump said. ‘She’s made that job very glamorous.’
In her shocking announcement last week, Leavitt said: ‘Being a mother and welcoming a new baby while working in one of the most demanding jobs in the world has been the most rewarding yet challenging season of my life.
‘The truth is since returning to the White House after the birth of my daughter, I have felt in my heart that I cannot be the best mom my two young children deserve while devoting the constant time, energy, and attention required of the White House Press Secretary.’
Her announcement came shortly after she returned to Pennsylvania Avenue from maternity leave, telling everyone: ‘Let’s get back to work.’

Leavitt became a mom-of-two earlier this year when she welcomed her daughter into the world
The mother-of-two had returned from maternity leave on July 16 after giving birth to her daughter in May.
She also has a two-year-old son with her husband Nicholas Riccio, 61.
One source close to Leavitt, the youngest ever White House press secretary, reveals she had been strongly weighing whether to quit during maternity leave, as the President would contact her often and repeatedly ask when she was coming back.
‘No doubt one of the hardest decisions of her life so far,’ the source told Our News Outlet.
Another source says that, after returning from maternity leave, Ms Leavitt very quickly realized she definitely needed out.
‘First week back she realized she wasn’t feeling it anymore,’ the source said. ‘Trump really didn’t want her to leave as he actually trusts her and doesn’t like having to deal with new people in his circle when he wants to focus on getting stuff done in his time left in office.’
The President posted on Truth Social that it was ‘a decision I totally understand and respect,’ calling Leavitt ‘one of the best White House press secretaries in the history of the office.’