San Diego mosque shooters identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez

Authorities Identify San Diego Mosque Shooting Suspects: Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez Revealed

A pair of teenagers, 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Velasquez, have been identified as the suspects in a tragic shooting outside a San Diego mosque that claimed the lives of three individuals, as per a source within law enforcement.

The investigation revealed that at least one of the teenagers retrieved a firearm from their family residence. A suicide note, emphasizing racial pride, was also discovered, according to information provided to The Post by a law enforcement official.

Clark was a student at Madison High School, where he was recognized for his wrestling prowess, as highlighted by the school’s online platforms. His grandfather, David Clark, 78, expressed remorse, stating, “We’re deeply sorry for this incident. We’re just as shocked as everyone else.”

The bodies of Clark and Velasquez were discovered in a BMW, both having died from self-inflicted gunshot wounds, just a few blocks away from the Islamic Center of San Diego.

Investigators found anti-Islamic writings in the car and noted that the guns used in the attack had been marked with hate speech, according to the source.

Police reported that at approximately 9:42 a.m., they had received a call from a distressed mother reporting her child as a runaway.

After speaking with the mom, police began to elevate the threat level the individual posed to the community.

The mom allegedly believed her son was suicidal and shared that several of her weapons were missing, as was her vehicle, according to police.

The mom also said her son was with a companion and that they were dressed in camo.

The police would not clarify whether or not the missing person was involved in the shooting, though most of the details line up with what The Post was told.

The three dead at the mosque were security guard and father of eight Amin Abdullah, who police say prevented more deaths, as well as a grocery store owner, and another man.

The two suspects fled in a white BMW, police said during a press conference Monday afternoon.

“We are safe, the entire school is safe. All the kids, all the staff, and the teachers are safe and out of the Islamic Center,” center Imam Taha Hassane said in a video obtained by the California Post and circulated among California’s Muslim community.

Authorities said officers swarmed the Islamic Center within four minutes of the first emergency calls, launching what police described as a fast-moving and “dynamic” response.

Between 50 and 100 officers entered the Islamic Center during the response as police searched classrooms, prayer areas, and surrounding buildings.

The investigation remains ongoing and authorities have yet to release a motive, but the gunmen had inscribed anti-Islamic messages on their weapons and one left a suicide note promoting ”racial pride”.

READ MORE: San Diego Mosque Shooter Caleb Vasquez Urged Cain Clark to End His Life Following Mass Shooting

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

California Bans Feeding Stray Cats to Save Endangered Rabbits - Internewscast Journal

California Bans Feeding Stray Cats to Save Endangered Rabbits

A Central Valley community is moving to stop people from feeding stray…
Virginia county expecting its data centers to bring in $1.3B haul in tax revenue

Virginia County Expects Data Centers to Generate $1.3B Tax Revenue Windfall

In one of Virginia’s most affluent counties, the rapid rise of data…
Oklahoma Secretary Lepak Arrested for Public Intoxication - Internewscast Journal

Oklahoma Secretary Lepak Arrested for Public Intoxication

Oklahoma Secretary of State Benjamin Lepak was taken into custody on a…
LA County releases claim about number of Hollywood jobs to go under Paramount-Warner Bros. merger

LA County Estimates Hollywood Job Loss in Paramount-Warner Merger

More than 10,000 jobs could be at risk if the proposed Paramount…
Karmelo Anthony Wins Major Legal Victory as Judge Is Removed From Murder Case - Internewscast Journal

Karmelo Anthony Wins Major Legal Victory as Judge Is Removed From Murder Case

Karmelo Anthony’s defense team won a significant ruling Wednesday when a senior…
Bayonne, NJ Wins LLWS Opener on Thrilling Walk-Off Homer - Internewscast Journal

Bayonne, NJ Wins LLWS Opener on Thrilling Walk-Off Homer

Bridgewater Little League pitcher Jude DeSimone could only tip his cap toward…
Tupac Murder Trial Faces Witness Fear as Ghostwriter May Hold Key - Internewscast Journal

Tupac Murder Trial Faces Witness Fear as Ghostwriter May Hold Key

The long-awaited murder trial tied to Tupac Shakur’s 1996 killing may hinge…
Sen. Darline Graham’s Debate Flop Exposes National Security Gap - Internewscast Journal

Sen. Darline Graham’s Debate Flop Exposes National Security Gap

WASHINGTON — Sen. Darline Graham Nordone (R-SC) faltered twice in a bruising…
3 Injured in Humboldt Park Drive-By Shooting on Hirsch Street, Chicago Police Say - Internewscast Journal

3 Injured in Humboldt Park Drive-By Shooting on Hirsch Street, Chicago Police Say

CHICAGO () — Three people were wounded Wednesday afternoon when gunfire erupted…
Derek Chauvin Challenges Floyd Murder Conviction as Unlawful - Internewscast Journal

Derek Chauvin Challenges Floyd Murder Conviction as Unlawful

Judge approves new lawyer for Bryan Kohberger in Idaho murder trial A…
Ossoff-Platner Parallels Pose New Risks for Susan Collins’ Reelection Campaign - Internewscast Journal

Ossoff-Platner Parallels Pose New Risks for Susan Collins’ Reelection Campaign

Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA) has long struck his critics as overly self-assured,…
Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing - Internewscast Journal

Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing

DALLAS — A Texas teen found guilty in the fatal stabbing of…