Photo of a smiling boy in a suit and red tie.
Share this @internewscast.com

ONE of the last people to see Jay Slater alive has made a “sick” return to the same Tenerife Airbnb where the Brit teen disappeared from.

Stephen Roccas – better known as Rocky – was staying at the Airbnb on the night before Jay disappeared.

Photo of a smiling boy in a suit and red tie.
Jay Slater, 19, died while on holiday in TenerifeCredit: Louis Wood
Photo of a smiling young man with his arm around a smiling woman.
Jay with mum Debbie DuncanCredit: Ian Whittaker
Mountain view from Tenerife with two cars parked.
Roccas posted a nine-second video of himself standing outside the very cottage where Jay was last seen alive

Nevertheless, Roccas has visited the very cottage where Jay had last been sighted alive, sharing a nine-second video of himself outside the location earlier this month, as reported by the DailyMail.

He wore a West Ham football shirt as he showed the nearby area and wrote “views” in the caption.

The clip has now sparked a backlash – partly because Rocky refused to appear at Jay’s inquest held earlier this year.

One social media user wrote in the comments: “This is a bit sick.”

Jay’s mother, Debbie, expressed: “What is he attempting to do? Is he trying to taunt us? Why has he returned there? For what reason? What’s the point he’s attempting to make? I simply don’t get it.”

“I would love to ask him some questions but I can’t as the inquest is over and it’s all done. But I really would like to know why he’s back there.

“I hope people start asking questions of him. The last year has been hell for us.”

Jay’s body was tragically found in a ravine in the remote Rural de Teno National Park last July after an agonising 29-day search.

Apprentice bricklayer Jay had traveled to the Spanish island last June to participate in the NRG music festival in Playa de las Americas alongside two friends, Lucy Law and Brad Hargreaves.

In the early hours of June 17, the teenager journeyed with two men—Rocky and convicted drug dealer Ayub Qassim—to an Airbnb apartment in Masca, departing at approximately 8 am.

Jay Slater’s pal reveals chilling last text she sent him before he died as key witness ‘unwilling to give evidence’

Jay, hailing from Oswaldtwistle, Lancs, made a heart-wrenching final call to his friend Lucy, stating he had injured his leg, was disoriented, dehydrated, and had merely one percent battery remaining on his phone after departing the Airbnb.

After a long search, police confirmed Jay’s body had been found near a steep ravine in Masca

The friends Jay was vacationing with, Lucy and Bradley Geoghegan, as well as Ayub Qassim and Steven Roccas—the individuals Jay accompanied to the Airbnb—did not appear at the initial inquest hearing in May.

Though Lucy made several revelations as she spoke to the Slater family barrister – including what the pair’s final text said.

Why the inquest farce is more pain for Jay’s family

by Katie Davis, Chief Foreign Reporter (Digital)

AS I stood in the sweltering, remote mountains of Masca I was told the news Jay Slater’s loved ones dreaded – his body had been found.

But for his devastated family, it didn’t bring the closure they so desperately needed.

Now almost a year on, his grief-stricken mum, dad and brother have been subjected to yet more torment as an inquest into his death dredged up painful details of his disappearance – while lacking any actual answers.

Jay’s courageous mum Debbie Duncan opened up to me just weeks after his body was found about how she was tortured by not knowing what happened to her beloved son before he fell to his death.

I was humbled by the bravery she showed in the face of living every parent’s worst nightmare on the world stage – relentlessly hounded by mindless trolls.

Spineless witnesses failing to turn up to the hearing to provide crucial information is a kick in the teeth for Debbie and his already suffering family.

The 19-year-old went missing 11 months ago, and his body tragically discovered 29 days later.

So why after all these months has the court failed to bring together vital witnesses – including the two friends he was on holiday with?

After months and months of battling through their grief, the last thing Jay’s family needed was to face a farce of a hearing without the necessary witnesses.

Read more here…

Qassim also gave evidence at the inquest via a video link.

However, Rocky did not appear.

Coroner Dr James Adeley told Preston Crown Court: “[Rocky] is doing this of his own volition. As he is abroad, I cannot compel him to give evidence.”

It is understood that police attempted to serve Rocky with a witness summons at several addresses in London and Manchester, but were unable to locate him.

Map showing the timeline and location of Jay Slater's disappearance and body recovery in Tenerife.
Photo of a young man and woman posing together.
Jay with friend Lucy Law, who he was on holiday withCredit: Instagram
Woman wearing sunglasses and striped shirt.
Jay’s mum Debbie Duncan pictured today outside Preston Coroner’s CourtCredit: STEVE ALLEN
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
What does the future hold for Jets QB Justin Fields after benching?

Future Uncertain: What’s Next for Jets’ Quarterback Justin Fields After Recent Bench?

The future of Justin Fields with the New York Jets remains shrouded…
Cheerleader who died aboard Carnival cruise ship cremated, death certificate reveals

Tragic Cruise Incident: Cheerleader’s Brave Battle Sparks Federal Investigation into Stepbrother

The tragic death of 18-year-old Anna Kepner aboard a Carnival Cruise ship…
Sex trafficking has to be confronted

Urgent Action Required: Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking

Parents naturally want to ensure the safety of their children. However, an…
Patricia Heaton landed 'Everybody Loves Raymond' role thanks to this wild audition move

Patricia Heaton’s Bold Audition Secret: The Unconventional Move That Won Her ‘Everybody Loves Raymond

Ray Romano and Patricia Heaton recently took a nostalgic look back at…
2 National Guard members shot in an ambush attack blocks from the White House

Suspect in National Guard Shooting Charged with First-Degree Murder Following Death; Second Victim Remains Critical

The charges against a 29-year-old former CIA collaborator in Afghanistan have been…
Ukrainian official Yermak resigns as corruption probe encircles Zelenskyy

Ukrainian Official Steps Down Amid Intensifying Corruption Investigation Involving Zelenskyy Administration

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has confirmed that Andriy Yermak, the head of…
WATCH: Trump Blasts Reporter over National Guard Shooting Question

WATCH: Trump Criticizes Reporter in Response to National Guard Shooting Inquiry

President Donald Trump did not shy away from expressing his frustration during…
DC Guard Shooter Linked to CIA-Backed Afghan ‘Zero Units’

CIA Connection Revealed: DC Guard Shooter’s Ties to Afghan ‘Zero Units’ Exposed

A suspected Afghan terrorist who killed National Guard troops Sarah Beckstrom and…
A Thanksgiving to remember: IHOP waitress gets $2,000 tip after man raises money on social media

Heartwarming Thanksgiving Surprise: IHOP Waitress Receives $2,000 Tip Thanks to Viral Social Media Campaign

“I was completely stunned,” shared server Ashley Cruz. “This feels like a…
American tourist found stabbed to death in Tobago

American Tourist Tragically Discovered Fatally Stabbed in Tobago

Local authorities have reported the death of an American man found with…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
Cheerleader who died aboard Carnival cruise ship cremated, death certificate reveals

Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Unraveling Anna Kepner’s Enigma, Alex Murdaugh’s Legal Drama, and the Stalled Investigation of Martha Moxley

In a tragic turn of events, 18-year-old Anna Kepner was discovered deceased…