Mob Ransacks Family-Owned Bellflower Store During Chaotic Street Takeover - Internewscast Journal
Mob Ransacks Family-Owned Bellflower Store During Chaotic Street Takeover

A family-owned Bellflower business was left devastated after a large group of looters emptied and vandalized the store during another chaotic street takeover.

A-Z Market was targeted around 3:30 a.m. Saturday while a street takeover was happening nearby. The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said an estimated 100 to 150 vehicles were blocking surrounding streets and the intersection at the time.

Surveillance video captured three unidentified suspects using power tools to smash through the store’s front window and cut the lock on its security gate.

After forcing their way in, authorities and the owners said the suspects opened the path for roughly 40 to 60 more people to flood into the family-run market and ransack the business.

The group remained inside for only about two minutes, but the destruction they left behind was extensive.

Photos shared by the owners show a business turned upside down: drawers dumped across the floor, shelves cleared out, and merchandise — including candy, food and other products — strewn throughout the store.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department estimated the total loss from stolen inventory and property damage at close to $30,000.

“Honestly, I just can’t get the image out of my head, 50 people in my business, ransacking the place, destroying the business, taking everything that I’ve worked so hard for, we’ve worked so hard for, me and my dad and my brother,” one of the owners told KTLA.

The family said the store already had security measures and alarms in place and had been robbed in the past, but they never expected to see their business overwhelmed by such a large group.

“I’m just so out of words that the situation actually happened. Please don’t do this to anyone else. Please don’t. Like, it really hurts us business owners. As a family business, it really hurts, ” the owner told the station.

According to the Sheriff’s Department, deputies responding to the area first encountered what appeared to be a street takeover at Bellflower Boulevard and Somerset Boulevard.

When deputies reached the business, they found a damaged front-facing window and clear evidence that the store had been ransacked.

The suspects reportedly disappeared into the crowd surrounding the street takeover, making it difficult for investigators to immediately identify those responsible.

No arrests have been made in connection with the burglary.

Deputies did issue multiple citations related to the street takeover, but authorities said they were unable to establish a connection between anyone cited at the event and the looting inside A-Z Market.

The incident comes amid a string of smash-and-grab burglaries and ransackings tied to street-takeover activity across Los Angeles County in recent weeks.

Just days before the Bellflower raid, another AutoZone in South Los Angeles was burglarized following an alleged street takeover, with two people arrested in connection with the event.

The incident followed two raids at an East Los Angeles AutoZone earlier this month that resulted in at least $50,000 in stolen merchandise and three stolen cash registers.

Similar break-ins were also reported at AutoZone locations in Watts, Downey and Long Beach, prompting authorities to warn that street takeovers can quickly lead to broader criminal activity.

A GoFundMe campaign launched by Nathan Abdullatif describes the Aug. 15 attack as a devastating blow to the family-owned store.

“On the early morning of August 15, 2026, our family-owned business, A-Z Market in Bellflower, California, was devastated during a large street takeover in our community,” the fundraiser states.

“A-Z Market is more than just a store to us—it is our livelihood and a place we have worked hard to build and serve our local community,” the GoFundMe reads. “We are asking for your support to help us repair the damage, replace the stolen merchandise, and get our business back on its feet. Any donation, no matter how small, means so much to our family.”

The family is seeking $9,000 through the fundraiser, which had collected just over $1,000 as of Tuesday.

“If you are unable to donate, sharing this fundraiser would still help us tremendously,” the family wrote. “Thank you to everyone who has reached out, supported us, and stood by A-Z Market during this difficult time.”

Anyone with information about the Bellflower burglary is asked to contact Lakewood Station detectives at (562) 623-3500.

Anonymous tips can be provided through Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Nancy Guthrie's abductor may have returned to the crime scene, left critical clues at tribute: expert

Nancy Guthrie Ransom Notes Reveal Repeated Writing Quirks That Could Help Identify Suspect, Expert Says

Two messages believed to be linked to the suspected abduction of Nancy…
Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US - Internewscast Journal

Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US

U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner issued a blunt warning to Hamas on…
Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say - Internewscast Journal

Man Who Called 911 Over Girlfriend’s Motel Death Had Disturbing Videos on Phone, Police Say

What began as a 911 call from a Missouri motel quickly shifted…
Election to Replace Eric Swalwell Turns Messy as Campaign Drama Erupts - Internewscast Journal

Election to Replace Eric Swalwell Turns Messy as Campaign Drama Erupts

Voters in California’s 14th Congressional District head to the polls tomorrow, Tuesday,…
36 Poop-Covered Border Collies Rescued in Florida Get New Start - Internewscast Journal

36 Poop-Covered Border Collies Rescued in Florida Get New Start

Dozens of Border Collies found coated in feces inside what officials described…
Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns - Internewscast Journal

Luigi Mangione’s New York Murder Trial Delayed Until December Amid Double Jeopardy Concerns

Luigi Mangione pleads guilty in federal case Luigi Mangione has pleaded guilty…
Texas Father Charged With Murder After Estranged Wife Found Dead in Suburban Home, Police Say - Internewscast Journal

Texas Father Charged With Murder After Estranged Wife Found Dead in Suburban Home, Police Say

A Texas man has been arrested after police say he killed his…
Jared Bridegan Murder Trial Live Updates: First Case in His Killing Enters Day 2 - Internewscast Journal

Jared Bridegan Murder Trial Live Updates: First Case in His Killing Enters Day 2

Mario Fernandez-Saldana, accused of helping plan the 2022 shooting death of St.…
Italy-Spain Border Feud Exposes Europe’s Immigration Crisis - Internewscast Journal

Italy-Spain Border Feud Exposes Europe’s Immigration Crisis

Tensions are deepening between Italy’s right-leaning government and Spain’s left-wing leadership as…
House Ethics Committee Probes Rep. Jimmy Gomez Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations - Internewscast Journal

House Ethics Committee Probes Rep. Jimmy Gomez Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations

Washington — The House Ethics Committee said Monday that it is formally…
Wladimir Klitschko Says He’s in ‘Profound Shock’ After Hayden Panettiere’s Death - Internewscast Journal

Wladimir Klitschko Says He’s in ‘Profound Shock’ After Hayden Panettiere’s Death

Wladimir Klitschko, Hayden Panettiere’s former fiancé, publicly addressed the actor’s death for…
Married Father’s Fatal 150-Foot Fall From MSG Balcony Ruled Accidental, Officials Say - Internewscast Journal

Married Father’s Fatal 150-Foot Fall From MSG Balcony Ruled Accidental, Officials Say

The death of a married Connecticut father of two who fell from…