California TV reporter Ricardo Berron's seven-word comment after arrest for shooting two Hispanic men in racial attack

Ricardo Berron’s Shocking Comment After Arrest in Racially Charged Shooting of Two Hispanic Men

A TV news reporter at the center of a dramatic accusation involving gunfire directed at two Hispanic men in separate events has broken his silence following his arrest.

“Soon, everything will be clarified,” Ricardo Berron, who is also of Hispanic descent, shared in an exclusive statement to the California Post from his $900,000 Chula Vista residence, where he lives with his family.

Berron, a father of five, was taken into custody on March 10 at San Diego International Airport as he was about to embark on a vacation, according to official reports.

Authorities have disclosed that a 9mm handgun was discovered at Berron’s residence, which they claim was involved in at least one of the incidents.

The 46-year-old previously worked as a captivating on-air reporter and anchor for the Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo.

When a Post reporter visited on Thursday, the blinds were drawn at the four-bedroom, two-bathroom, 1,700-square-foot home. This serene property is nestled at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, just 11 miles from the bustling heart of downtown San Diego.

Berron is now facing possible hate crime charges after law enforcement say he shot at the two men in separate incidents which both occurred on scenic Palomar Mountain located 67 miles north of where he lives.

Investigators believe he targeted the victims because of their ethnicity.

Sgt. Evan Sobczak told Fox 5: “This could possibly be motivated by hate. Both victims in these cases were Hispanic and there were statements made by the suspect something similar to ‘are you Hispanic’ prior to shooting at them.” 

Authorities later searched Berron’s home and recovered a 9-millimeter handgun that they believe was used in at least one of the chilling shootings

The latest attack happened on Feb. 23 while the victim was parked along a dirt shoulder near the mountain summit as he was enjoying looking at the stars and he was approached by the suspect with a gun. 

During the interaction, a single shot was fired through the driver’s side window while the victim was seated inside. The suspect fled the scene and the victim escaped unhurt. 

Investigators now say the same suspect was responsible for a similar attack on Oct. 6 last year. In that instance that victim, who was parked up admiring the views, was struck by a bullet. 

The man, called Joseph, said he raised his hand and pleaded with the man not to shoot. The suspect asked whether he was Mexican.

When Joseph said he was, the gunman aimed at his head and fired. The bullet – which shattered the car window – narrowly missed his face and struck his arm.

Joseph told Fox 5: “At that point I saw him zero in and aim for my head. I instinctively turned to the right. I heard the shot and the shot came through the window, missed my face and caught my arm.”

The victim said the gunman fired again as he drove away, striking his rear passenger tire. Forensic evidence collected from that shooting helped investigators identify a suspect.

Berron’s wife denied the allegations to the outlet. He was released on bail and is scheduled to appear in court on March 17.

The California Post has reached out to Berron’s attorney for comment. 

You May Also Like

Australia Announces Sweeping Gun Buyback After Bondi Beach Terror Attack as Push for Sensible Reform Grows - Internewscast Journal

Australia Announces Sweeping Gun Buyback After Bondi Beach Terror Attack as Push for Sensible Reform Grows

New South Wales is preparing to launch Australia’s first state-run gun buyback…
NYPD officers fatally shoot man armed with butcher knife after he advanced toward cops: police

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing on Cops

NYPD officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday afternoon after authorities…
Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers - Internewscast Journal

Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers

A federal judge has allowed border wall construction in Arizona to move…
Why Diego Garcia Is Integral to US Strategy in Iran War - Internewscast Journal

Why Diego Garcia Is Integral to US Strategy in Iran War

Iran fires missiles toward US-UK military base President Trump’s warning that he…
NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops - Internewscast Journal

NYPD Fatally Shoots Man With Butcher Knife Advancing at Cops

New York City police officers shot and killed a 54-year-old man Sunday…
Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore - Internewscast Journal

Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore

Call it a truly toothsome treasure from the deep. A Pennsylvania father…
El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race - Internewscast Journal

El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race

Michigan’s Senate contest is quickly becoming one of the most closely watched…
Trial Begins for Man Accused of Orchestrating Tupac Shakur’s 1996 Killing - Internewscast Journal

Trial Begins for Man Accused of Orchestrating Tupac Shakur’s 1996 Killing

Prosecutors are expected to rely heavily on the defendant’s own account, including…
California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra - Internewscast Journal

California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra

A California farmer who drew nationwide attention for giving away thousands of…
Professor Jiang Xueqin Criticizes Los Angeles on Piers Morgan, Apologizes to China - Internewscast Journal

Professor Jiang Xueqin Criticizes Los Angeles on Piers Morgan, Apologizes to China

Chinese YouTube personality Professor Jiang Xueqin, host of the channel “Predictive History,”…
California Nonprofit CEO Made $2.4M Amid Addict Billing Allegations - Internewscast Journal

California Nonprofit CEO Made $2.4M Amid Addict Billing Allegations

The opulent life of one of California’s best-paid nonprofit executives is drawing…
Trump Confirms IRGC Backchannel, Demands Iran Surrender - Internewscast Journal

Trump Confirms IRGC Backchannel, Demands Iran Surrender

Trump urges Iran to wave ‘white flag’ as ceasefire expires Ceasefire talks…