Gavin Newsom's secret plan to prevent a Republican governor

Unveiled: Gavin Newsom's Strategic Blueprint to Keep California Blue

Governor Gavin Newsom hinted at having a confidential “break the glass” strategy aimed at preventing a Republican from securing the governorship in California. Despite this, he remains reticent about endorsing a candidate in the race to replace him.

Newsom disclosed the existence of a secret plan designed to prevent two Republicans from advancing in the gubernatorial election. This revelation comes as polls indicate that Steve Hilton, who has received an endorsement from Trump, is gaining significant traction in the crowded field.

While discussing his strategy, Newsom mentioned ongoing “action efforts” behind the scenes, emphasizing his commitment to ensuring that Democrats maintain a strong presence in the contest. He noted his active role in advocating for this outcome.

Current polling data highlights Xavier Becerra, a leading Democrat, and Hilton as frontrunners among registered voters. Meanwhile, billionaire Tom Steyer, Republican Riverside Sheriff Chad Bianco, and Democrat Katie Porter are slightly behind in the standings.

The primary election on June 2 will determine which two candidates advance to the general election in November.

Throughout the campaign, Newsom has consistently refrained from taking a public stance regarding his potential successor.

Asked for his thoughts on Becerra, who was California attorney general for the first two years of his term, Newsom awkwardly dodged the question and insisted he was “focused on diapers” at a San Francisco press conference last week.

Newsom allies, such as top political aide Lindsey Cobia, have reportedly rallied around Becerra’s candidacy in recent weeks after the stunning implosion of disgraced ex-congressman Eric Swalwell’s frontrunner campaign for governor.

“I see a lot of good Democrats I’ve worked with for years and years making their case,” Newsom said Thursday after unveiling his latest budget proposal.

California Democrats have also hatched a plan to change the primary system after anxiety broke out about a Democratic lockout this year.

Political consultant Steve Maviglio filed a petition last week seeking a return to the pre-2010 primary system in which separate primaries are held for each party.

Under that system, two candidates — one Republican and one Democrat — advance to the general election.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Georgia State’s Ivanna Poliashenko Earns Math Degree in 14 Months - Internewscast Journal

Georgia State’s Ivanna Poliashenko Earns Math Degree in 14 Months

That’s what you call fast-track math. At just 19, Georgia State University…
Untapped Karmelo Anthony evidence cache showed he stalked ex-girlfriend, had 'knives' obsession: prosecutors

Prosecutors Say Karmelo Anthony Evidence Cache Shows Stalking of Ex-Girlfriend and Knife Obsession

Prosecutors said Thursday that jurors who convicted Karmelo Anthony of murder never…
Gov. Hochul Warns Holocaust Survivors About Restitution Scam - Internewscast Journal

Gov. Hochul Warns Holocaust Survivors About Restitution Scam

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has issued a consumer warning after a…
UK Asylum Seeker Advice Sparks Backlash Over Controversial Children Poster - Internewscast Journal

UK Asylum Seeker Advice Sparks Backlash Over Controversial Children Poster

Debate over immigration policy in the U.K. has intensified, with critics arguing…
Deadly Plane-Helicopter Midair Collision Caught on Video - Internewscast Journal

Deadly Plane-Helicopter Midair Collision Caught on Video

Dramatic newly released video captures the instant a small airplane slammed into…
Prince Harry Immigration Case Update as He and Meghan Markle Prepare to Leave the US - Internewscast Journal

Prince Harry Immigration Case Update as He and Meghan Markle Prepare to Leave the US

WASHINGTON — Questions over whether Prince Harry was fully candid on his…
Suspected DUI Driver Charged in Perris Crash That Killed 8-Year-Old - Internewscast Journal

Suspected DUI Driver Charged in Perris Crash That Killed 8-Year-Old

A Southern California family is grieving the devastating loss of their 8-year-old…
Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation - Internewscast Journal

Dramatic Video Shows Civilians in Mass Shooting Simulation

The training exercise quickly took a chaotic turn. A Florida sheriff’s office…
Judge to Weigh New Trial in Karmelo Anthony Texas Track Killing - Internewscast Journal

Judge to Weigh New Trial in Karmelo Anthony Texas Track Killing

Karmelo Anthony received a 35-year prison sentence after being convicted of fatally…
Walmart to Use $2.9 Billion in Tariff Refunds to Cut Prices for Shoppers - Internewscast Journal

Walmart to Use $2.9 Billion in Tariff Refunds to Cut Prices for Shoppers

Walmart is putting billions of dollars from tariff refunds back into price…
Harvard Wins Dismissal of Antisemitism Lawsuit as Judge Sides With University - Internewscast Journal

Harvard Wins Dismissal of Antisemitism Lawsuit as Judge Sides With University

– Harvard wins dismissal of DOJ antisemitism lawsuit before a local federal…
Longest-Serving US Prisoner Dies at 101, Spared Death 8 Times - Internewscast Journal

Longest-Serving US Prisoner Dies at 101, Spared Death 8 Times

Former NYPD officer breaks down CEO killer’s fan base Former NYPD officer…