B-2 Spirit bomber flanked by four F-22 Raptor fighter jets.

AMERICA’S colossal bomb raid on Iran’s key nuclear sites was a masterclass in military might and strategy “months in the making”, officials said.

Covert operations combined with the largest conventional bombs on the planet led to a “stunning success,” as described by Trump, taking the Iranians completely by surprise.

B-2 Spirit bomber flanked by four F-22 Raptor fighter jets.
14 B-2 bombers were joined by more than 100 escort and support aircradrCredit: Reuters
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth speaking at a news conference.
Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said the operation had been months in the planningCredit: AP
Satellite image of Iran's Fordow Fuel Enrichment Plant after US air strikes.
Satellite pictures show Iran’s Fordow nuclear facility after it was blitzedCredit: AFP
Illustration of a map showing the locations of Iranian nuclear facilities targeted with bunker buster bombs and Tomahawk missiles.

Iran has sworn “everlasting consequences” are coming, but Trump warned the US would not be afraid of striking again.

While the world now waits to see how Iran and its Axis of Evil will respond, the US has shared details of its daring Operation Midnight Hammer.

General Dan Caine, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, stated: “This was an intricate and high-risk mission executed with extraordinary skill and discipline by our Joint Force.”

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said: “Our B-2s went in and out and back without the world knowing at all.”

The mission was simple: to inflict major damage on Iran’s nuclear programme and thwart its efforts to obtain nukes.

Plans were meticulously developed over several months, with crucial preparations set in motion by Trump on Thursday, following his announcement of a two-week delay regarding his decision on addressing the situation with Iran.

It’s now clear that was a ploy to lull the regime into a false sense of security.

Sticking to the script, Israel even feigned frustration and vowed to strike Fordow without the US support they must have known was coming.

The full mobilisation began on Friday night when a unit of B-2 bombers took off from the US at midnight.

Some of the planes flew west towards the Pacific, leading analysts to suggest they might be heading to the UK’s Diego Garcia base – but that was a decoy.

Trump’s shock Iran strikes take us to bring of global conflict and will strengthen Axis of Evil alliance, experts warn

Only “an extremely small number of planners and key leaders” knew the truth about the ruse, General Caine said.

The actual fleet comprised of seven B-2 spirit bombers, which quietly set off east over the Atlantic.

Each was manned by a crew of two, but the pilots were instructed to stick to minimal communication to avoid detection.

It was an 18-hour non-stop journey to reach the target area, so the bombers had to refuel multiple times in the air by linking up with escort and support aircraft.

Mid-air synchronisation is difficult enough, but crews had to maintain minimal comms whilst lining up.

At half past midnight Iranian time, a US submarine launched more than two dozen Tomahawk land attack cruise missiles at the Isfahan nuclear site in east Iran.

This coincided with the bomber squad entering Iranian airspace – undetected.

President Donald Trump addressing the nation.
Trump played a feint by suggesting he would mull the strikes for two weeksCredit: Splash
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei speaking at a podium.
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has refused to surrender and now says diplomacy is off the cardsCredit: AP

Decoy and scout planes swooped out ahead of the main unit to scan for and distract any awaiting Iranian defence jets – but there were none.

The protection group stood ready to launch preemptive fire on any surface-to-air threats, such as air defence systems, but not a single shot was fired at the operatives.

Go-time was 2:10am – the midst of the Iranian night.

Over a period of just 25 minutes, the bombers released their powerful payload.

Officials revealed that about 75 precision-guided weapons were unleashed in total.

Amongst these were 14 of the famed “bunker-buster” bombs dropped on the mountain-fortress Fordow plant.

Israel had not even attempted to destroy this facility, buried beneath 300ft of rock and steel, because it knew only US’s superbombs could do the job.

The B-2s were programmed to drop one bomb, followed by another shortly afterwards onto the exact same point of impact.

Aerial view of destroyed buildings and rescue workers in Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv following an airstrike.
Residential buildings in Tel Avid were damaged by Iranian missiles the morning after the US strikesCredit: Getty
Illustration of Operation Midnight Hammer timeline and map.
A graphic displayed by US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth demonstrating the operationCredit: Getty

It was the first time that the 30,000-pound GBU, 57 Massive Ordnance Penetrators (MOPs) had been deployed in a live combat situation.

Caine said: “Our forces remain on high alert and are fully postured to respond to any Iranian retaliation or proxy attacks, which would be an incredibly poor choice.

“We will defend ourselves. The safety of our service members and civilians remains our highest priority.

“This mission demonstrates the unmatched reach, coordination and capability of the United States military.

“In just a matter of weeks, this went from strategic planning to global execution.

“This operation underscores the unmatched capabilities and global reach of the United States military.”

You May Also Like

Jared Bridegan Widow Faces Suspect, Reveals Haunting Final Call - Internewscast Journal

Jared Bridegan Widow Faces Suspect, Reveals Haunting Final Call

The widow of slain Microsoft executive Jared Bridegan faced the man accused…
Penn State Fraternity Cocaine Ring Busted After Obvious Mistake - Internewscast Journal

Penn State Fraternity Cocaine Ring Busted After Obvious Mistake

A Penn State fraternity member accused of operating a cocaine distribution scheme…
Two workers killed, several injured after explosions tear through Ohio recycling facility

Ohio Recycling Plant Blasts Kill 2 Workers, Injure Several

Two employees died and several others were hurt after a pair of…
Oklahoma Secretary Lepak Arrested for Public Intoxication - Internewscast Journal

Oklahoma Secretary Lepak Arrested for Public Intoxication

Oklahoma Secretary of State Benjamin Lepak was taken into custody on a…
Lindsay Clancy Needs 24/7 Suicide Watch, Psychologist Says - Internewscast Journal

Lindsay Clancy Needs 24/7 Suicide Watch, Psychologist Says

Lindsay Clancy experiences “bad days and worse days” inside the hospital where…
Karmelo Anthony Wins Major Legal Victory as Judge Is Removed From Murder Case - Internewscast Journal

Karmelo Anthony Wins Major Legal Victory as Judge Is Removed From Murder Case

Karmelo Anthony’s defense team won a significant ruling Wednesday when a senior…
Florida Primary Results: Donalds, Wasserman Schultz, Moskowitz - Internewscast Journal

Florida Primary Results: Donalds, Wasserman Schultz, Moskowitz

Rep. Byron Donalds claimed the Republican nomination for Florida governor on Tuesday…
Missouri Court Clears GOP-Friendly U.S. House Map for November Election - Internewscast Journal

Missouri Court Clears GOP-Friendly U.S. House Map for November Election

A Missouri judge has cleared the way for newly drawn U.S. House…
Hurricanes Goalie Brandon Bussi Brings the Cup Home to Long Island - Internewscast Journal

Hurricanes Goalie Brandon Bussi Brings the Cup Home to Long Island

Talk about bringing everyone onto the same ice. Hurricanes goaltender Brandon Bussi…
Manhunt underway after off-duty Massachusetts police veteran found dead at woman's home

Manhunt After Off-Duty Massachusetts Police Veteran Found Dead

Authorities in Massachusetts have launched an urgent search for a 58-year-old woman…
Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing - Internewscast Journal

Texas Teen Seeks New Trial in Fatal Track Meet Stabbing

DALLAS — A Texas teen found guilty in the fatal stabbing of…
Penn State Frat Coke Ring Suspect Denied Bail After Surrender - Internewscast Journal

Penn State Frat Coke Ring Suspect Denied Bail After Surrender

14 charged in alleged Penn State cocaine ring bust Fourteen people are…