Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.

TYRANT Kim Jong-un has reportedly relaunched his 5,000-tonne colossal warship – after it spectacularly capsized during its first launch last month.

The leader of North Korea observed the triumphant first journey of his new destroyer, following an embarrassing mishap last month where the ship tipped over.

Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong-un, pictured with his daughter Kim Ju Ae (L), relaunched his huge warship which capsized last monthCredit: EPA
Confetti and a North Korean flag balloon at a warship launching ceremony.
The successful launch was witnessed by Kim at Rajin PortCredit: Reuters
Photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and his daughter at the launch ceremony of a destroyer.
The huge 5,000 ton warship half-sunk into the water in MayCredit: EPA

Earlier satellite images showed the large warship, called Kang Kon, leaning sideways, with its rear partly submerged and its front resting on the dock.

Furious Kim deemed to find and punish those found responsible for the embarrassing fail.

He slammed the “criminal act” caused by “absolute carelessness” in a rare admission of failure – and arrested four officials.

But state media have now claimed that the intimidating warship has finally been restored.

Experts have questioned whether the boat’s repairs are actually sufficient, given the reported speedy turnaround.

Kim and his daughter, Kim Ju Ae, are understood to have witnessed the triumphant launch at Rajin Port in the north of the country, according to KCNA.

Images showed the smiling despot wearing a thin summer hat as he walked cheerfully in front of clapping navy officers.

It comes after the half-sunk was seen being hauled upright using giant balloons after it capsized.

North Korea’s state broadcaster also reported that sections of the hull had been crushed.

The highly-secretive authorities appeared to have tried to hide the disaster by placing blue tarpaulin across the wreck.

North Korea’s half-sunk warship hauled UPRIGHT with giant balloons as cause of disaster that humiliated Kim is revealed

Pictures from May 29 showed workers standing on the quay pulling ropes attached to the boat.

And at least 30 balloons appeared to have been connected along one side – presumably to haul it upright.

On launch day, crews had attempted to slide the ship sideways into the water.

A malfunction meant that the stern entered while the bow remained on the launch gear.

It is likely that the launch mechanism snagged the bow, preventing it from plopping into the sea, reports 38north.

This theory is supported by satellite imagery from May 29, which seems to show damage to the bow.

Seething Kim demanded that the repairs be completed by the end of June – and it now appears that engineers have managed to do this in time.

Satellite image of a damaged Choe Hyun-class destroyer being repaired.
Around 30 large balloons can be seen attached to the boat along with ropesCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un and his daughter boarding a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong Un (C) and daughter Ju Ae (center L) boarding the destroyerCredit: AFP
Illustration of Kim Jong-un and his new warship, a destroyer.

The dictator was fuming in the wake of the embarrassment, and said it brought shame on the country.

Four people have been arrested so far, including chief engineer Kang Jong Chol, hull workshop head Han Kyong Hak, and deputy manager Kim Yong Hak.

It’s unclear what punishment they will face, though an expert told The Sun their fates could be fatal.

Michael Madden, who established North Korea Leadership Watch, remarked, “Certain individuals will likely face expulsion from the party and serve brief prison sentences.”

But, more alarmingly, he claimed “some people are going to be shot to death behind this”.

Satellite image of a damaged North Korean warship in a harbor.
A view of the warship before its failed launchCredit: AFP
Satellite image of a Choe Hyun Class destroyer.
The boat after being restored to an upright positionCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un on a North Korean destroyer with uniformed sailors.
Kim boarding the destroyer ‘Kang Kon’ at the Rajin shipyardCredit: AFP

The launch failure marked a huge setback for Kim, who has been modernizing his navy to keep up with the West.

The huge Kang Kon naval destroyer is believed to be the same class as the Choe Hyon – North Korea’s largest warship yet.

North Korea’s state media – which also serves as Kim’s leading propaganda machine – reported that the vessel was equipped with the “most powerful weapons”.

Now it is seemingly upright and operational, the destroyer will surpass the current largest vessel in North Korea, a 1,360-tonne frigate.

You May Also Like

Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body - Internewscast Journal

Louisiana Man Accused of Killing Wife, Driving Across States With Her Body

FBI touts historic violent crime drop as Trump praises law enforcement Fox…
Florida Man Accused of Throwing Dog Feces at Neighbor, Threatening Him With Child’s Scooter: Police - Internewscast Journal

Florida Man Accused of Throwing Dog Feces at Neighbor, Threatening Him With Child’s Scooter: Police

A messy neighborhood dispute in Florida appears to have gone far beyond…
California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra - Internewscast Journal

California Farmer Loses Court Fight With Fruit Giant Giumarra

A California farmer who drew nationwide attention for giving away thousands of…
Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore - Internewscast Journal

Massive 3.6M-Year-Old Megalodon Tooth Found on Jersey Shore

Call it a truly toothsome treasure from the deep. A Pennsylvania father…
Hayden Panettiere’s Hopeful Last Interview: I Have More Life Left to Live - Internewscast Journal

Hayden Panettiere’s Hopeful Last Interview: I Have More Life Left to Live

Hayden Panettiere offered a hopeful look at what she believed was ahead…
Biden-Pardoned Drug Trafficker Arrested in Fentanyl Case - Internewscast Journal

Biden-Pardoned Drug Trafficker Arrested in Fentanyl Case

An Atlanta man whose federal fentanyl sentence was commuted by former President…
Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate - Internewscast Journal

Historic Vessels Sunk in NYC Basin Face Scrapyard Fate

Two landmark vessels — one of them pictured on Maine’s state quarter…
Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4 - Internewscast Journal

Lexington, KY Park Shooting at Live Show Kills 1, Injures 4

One person was fatally shot and four others were wounded Saturday during…
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him - Internewscast Journal

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear Says Mitch McConnell Still Has Not Responded to Him

Washington — Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said Sunday that Sen. Mitch McConnell…
Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers - Internewscast Journal

Border Wall Construction on Reservation Approved, Clearing Way for New Barriers

A federal judge has allowed border wall construction in Arizona to move…
Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration - Internewscast Journal

Trump Blames Vandals for Dead Grass on National Mall After Fourth of July Celebration

President Donald Trump is pointing to vandals as the cause of large…
El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race - Internewscast Journal

El-Sayed’s Attack on Rogers Backfires in Michigan Senate Race

Michigan’s Senate contest is quickly becoming one of the most closely watched…