Share this @internewscast.com
Flour and other food aid will start reaching some of Gaza’s most vulnerable people after Israel let some humanitarian aid trucks through, but nowhere near enough to make up for shortages caused by an 11-week blockade, Palestinian officials said.
Israel imposed the blockade on all supplies in March, saying Hamas was seizing deliveries for its fighters — a charge the group denies

The United Nations said a quarter of Gaza’s 2.3 million people were at risk of famine.

Parcels stacked on a pallett near a truck.

Trucks carrying aid have begun entering Gaza through the Kerem Shalom crossing. Source: Getty / Amir Levy

“Some bakeries will begin receiving flour to produce bread, and we expect the distribution of bread to begin later today,” Amjad al-Shawa, director of the Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network in Gaza, told the Reuters news agency.

He said just 90 trucks had entered.

“During the ceasefire, 600 trucks used to enter every day, which means that the current quantity is a drop in the ocean, nothing,” he said.

Bread being produced.

Workers produce bread for distribution at the World Food Programme bakery after a limited amount of flour entered the Gaza Strip. Source: Getty / Anadolu

Bakeries backed by the UN’s World Food Programme would produce the bread and the agency’s staff would hand it out — a more controlled system than previously when bakers sold it directly to the public at a low cost, he added.

“The idea is to try and reach the most needy families, those who are desperate, as it is just the start,” Shawa said.
Palestinian health minister Majed Abu Ramadan said on Thursday that 29 children had died from “starvation-related deaths” in Gaza in recent days and that many more were at risk.

Palestinians have been scrambling for basic supplies, with Israel’s blockade leading to critical food and medicine shortages.

Umm Talal al-Masri, 53, a displaced Palestinian in Gaza City, described the situation as “unbearable”.
“No one is distributing anything to us. Everyone is waiting for aid, but we haven’t received anything,” she said.
“We barely manage to prepare one meal a day.”

UN agencies have said that the amount of aid entering Gaza falls far short of what is required to ease the crisis.

“I am tormented for my children,” Hossam Abu Aida, another resident of the Gaza Strip, told AFP.

“For them, I fear hunger and disease more than I do Israeli bombardment,” the 38-year-old added.

Israel orders evacuation of parts of northern Gaza

The Israeli army issued an evacuation warning on Thursday for 14 neighbourhoods of northern Gaza, as it pressed a renewed offensive that has drawn international condemnation.

In an Arabic-language statement on Thursday, the military said it was “operating with intense force” in 14 areas in the northern Gaza Strip, accusing “terrorist organisations” of operating there.

Palestinians inspect a destroyed building.

Israeli strikes have continued along the Gaza Strip. Source: AAP / Mohammed Saber/EPA

Israeli military strikes on Gaza killed at least 52 Palestinians across the enclave on Thursday, Gaza’s civil defence agency said.

There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military on the reports.
It has repeatedly said it seeks to avoid civilian casualties and targets militants.

In Beit Lahiya on the northern edge of the enclave, a tank shell hit a medicine warehouse inside Al-Awda Hospital and set it ablaze, the health ministry said.

Rescue workers had been trying to extinguish the fires for hours, it added.
Tanks are stationed outside the hospital, medics say, effectively blocking access to the facility.
The Gaza healthcare system has been barely functioning, with most of the medical facilities out of order, because of repeated Israeli military strikes, raids and the ban on the entry of medical supplies.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel would be open to a temporary ceasefire to enable the return of hostages taken by Hamas-led fighters.

But if they were not returned, he said it would press ahead with a military campaign to gain total control of Gaza.

“Netanyahu continues to stall and insist on pursuing the war. There is no value to any agreement that doesn’t stop the massacres in Gaza permanently,” senior Hamas official Sami Ab Zuhri said in response to Netanyahu’s comments.
Israel launched its campaign in Gaza in response to the Hamas attack in October 2023, in which some 1,200 people were killed and more than 250 taken hostage, according to Israeli tallies.
Israel’s campaign has since killed more than 53,600 Palestinians, according to Gaza health authorities, and devastated the coastal strip, where aid groups say signs of severe malnutrition are widespread.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
The Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon after getting married today in Canberra.

Inside the Secret Wedding of Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon at The Lodge: Exclusive Details Revealed

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has married long-time partner Jodie Haydon in an…
WA man jailed for stealing intimate material and using 'evil twin' WiFi networks

Cyber Trickery: Man Sentenced for Crafting Deceptive ‘Evil Twin’ WiFi Networks at Australian Airports

A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to prison for orchestrating a scheme…

Discover Australia’s Booming Suburbs: Where Home Prices Have Skyrocketed Over 100% in Just 5 Years!

Nearly 200 Australian suburbs have more than doubled in value over the…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy.

Teenager in Critical Condition After Adelaide Shopping Centre Altercation; One Arrested

A teenager is in critical condition, and a 20-year-old man is seriously…
ACT Policing is urging the mother of the newborn baby to seek medical attention.

Heartbreaking Discovery: Newborn Baby Abandoned at Canberra Fire Station Sparks Urgent Response

Police are looking for dashcam footage after a a newborn baby was…
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…
Lukas Schindler from Switzerland crossing the finish line at the Sydney marathon.

Heroic Swiss Tourist Identified After Bravely Attempting to Save Girlfriend from Shark Attack

A Swiss tourist who bravely attempted to ward off a shark during…

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…