Army vet dad runs for sheriff while charged with gunning down daughter's alleged sexual predator
Share this @internewscast.com

An Arkansas father facing charges for allegedly gunning down his teenage daughter’s suspected sexual predator has launched a campaign to be sheriff, while imploring voters that he intends to “bring trust, accountability and safety” back to the local community. 

Aaron Spencer first made headlines in 2024 after he allegedly shot and killed Michael Fosler, 67, as Fosler was driving off with his 14-year-old daughter, according to court documents obtained by Fox News Digital. Fosler had previously been charged with “numerous sexual offenses” against Spencer’s daughter and was out on bond at the time of the shooting, court documents indicated.

Prosecutors allege that in October 2024, Spencer awoke to find his daughter missing from the family’s home, prompting him to leave to search for her. According to court documents, Spencer located his daughter inside Fosler’s truck and forced the vehicle off the highway. 

A screenshot of a Facebook campaign video of Arkansas dad, Aaron Spencer.

Aaron Spencer has announced he is running for sheriff in Arkansas, one year after being arrested for allegedly gunning down a man charged with sexually assaulting his daughter. (Aaron Spencer/Facebook)

The two men allegedly engaged in an altercation, ending with Spencer calling 911 to report that he had shot the man.

Spencer was subsequently arrested and charged with second-degree murder.

The incident prompted Spencer, who is an Army veteran and farmer, to announce in a Facebook post that he is running for sheriff in Lonoke County, Arkansas. 

Aaron Spencer's mugshot in Arkansas

Aaron Spencer is accused of killing a man suspected of preying on his daughter.  (Lonoke County Detention Center)

“Through my own fight for justice, I have seen firsthand the failures in law enforcement and in our circuit court,” Spencer said in the video. “And I refuse to stand by while others face these same failures.” 

In the campaign video, Spencer vowed to restore the community’s trust in law enforcement, while promising to “build a safer, stronger” county for residents in the same county where he was arrested.  

Aaron Spencer is running for Lonoke County sheriff

Aaron Spencer is running to be Lonoke County Sheriff while facing a second-degree murder charge in the same county for allegedly shooting a man charged with sexually assaulting his daughter. (Google Maps)

“This campaign isn’t about me,” Spencer said. “It’s about every parent, every neighbor, every family who deserves to feel safe in their homes and safe in the community. It’s restoring trust where neighbors know law enforcement is on their side and families know that they will not be left alone in a moment of need.” 

Spencer is scheduled to appear in court for a pre-trial hearing on Dec. 16, with his trial set to begin Jan. 26, 2026. 

Spencer and the Lonoke County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Hundreds of women pledge loyalty to 'Deadpool Killer' despite brutal double murder confession

Hundreds of Women Show Support for ‘Deadpool Killer’ Amidst Double Murder Confession

Despite confessing to the gruesome murders of two women, Wade Wilson—dubbed the…
US forces board sanctioned oil tanker after vessel tried to evade Trump quarantine, Department of War says

U.S. Forces Intercept Sanctioned Oil Tanker Attempting to Evade Quarantine, Department of Defense Reports

On Sunday, the Department of War (DOW) announced that U.S. forces intercepted…
Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez released from prison after 2022 shooting, attempted murder of man molesting his son

Ex-UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez Freed from Prison Following 2022 Shooting and Attempted Murder Case Involving Alleged Child Molester

In a recent development, Cain Velasquez, the former UFC heavyweight champion, has…
Second alleged Guthrie ransom deadline missed, sparking new theories from Bongino, former FBI agent and doctor

Law Enforcement Calls Burglary Theory in Guthrie Disappearance Unusually Rare

Recent claims suggesting that Nancy Guthrie vanished due to a botched burglary…
Princess Noor Pahlavi stuns at LA Iran protests: 'a nation reclaiming itself'

Princess Noor Pahlavi Captivates at Los Angeles Iran Protests: ‘A Nation’s Journey to Self-Rediscovery

Members of the Iranian diaspora have lauded the efforts of the exiled…
Border czar Tom Homan declines to defend Kristi Noem, admits they still disagree

Former Border Chief Tom Homan Breaks Silence on Disagreement with Kristi Noem: What Really Happened?

WASHINGTON — In a candid interview on Sunday, border czar Tom Homan…
LA cops blast California's soft DUI laws

California’s DUI Laws Under Fire from LA Officers

California has witnessed a troubling surge in drunk driving incidents, with six…
Radical SoCal group sets next anti-ICE ‘mass meeting’ as White House slams ‘far-left’ orgs that target law enforcement

Southern California Group Plans Major Anti-ICE Gathering Amid White House Criticism of ‘Far-Left’ Organizations Targeting Law Enforcement

A controversial group with a provocative mission is rallying high school students…
Marco Rubio slams UN at Munich Security Conference for failing Israeli hostages: 'Has no answers'

Marco Rubio Critiques UN’s Response to Israeli Hostage Situation at Munich Security Conference: ‘Lacks Solutions

At the Munich Security Conference on Saturday, Secretary of State Marco Rubio…
Woman allegedly steals bus from elementary school parking lot, goes on late night ride

Woman Accused of Taking School Bus for Unauthorized Nighttime Drive

Authorities in Georgia are on the hunt for a woman who allegedly…
Arizona Sheriff Chris Nanos leading search for Nancy Guthrie, rules out theory her disappearance was burglary gone bad

Arizona Sheriff Dismisses Burglary Theory in Mysterious Disappearance of Nancy Guthrie

The sheriff of Arizona, spearheading the effort to locate the missing Nancy…
Casey Wasserman selling his talent agency amid Jeffrey Epstein fallout

Casey Wasserman to Divest Talent Agency in Wake of Jeffrey Epstein Controversy

Entertainment mogul Casey Wasserman, who also serves as the chair for the…