Anti-MAGA Bruce Springsteen stuns crowd by PRAYING for Trump's safety

In an unexpected turn of events, Bruce Springsteen surprised his audience by setting aside his usual critique of the President to offer a prayer for safety following the White House Correspondents’ Dinner shooting.

During his concert, the 76-year-old music legend expressed relief that neither Donald Trump nor any other individuals were harmed in the Saturday night incident where a gunman attempted to disrupt the event.

Performing at the Moody Center in Austin, Texas, Springsteen opened the show with a heartfelt message: “Tonight, we start with a prayer for our service members abroad, hoping for their safe return,” he shared with the audience on Sunday.

He continued, “We also extend our thanks that neither our President, anyone from the administration, nor any attendees were injured at last night’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner incident.”

Known for his strong Democratic stance and sharp criticism of Trump, Springsteen—who played a significant role in Joe Biden’s inauguration ceremony—emphasized the importance of respectful discourse. “We can disagree,” he stated.

“We have the right to critique those in power and to advocate passionately for our beliefs, but there is absolutely no room for political violence of any form in our cherished United States,” Springsteen declared to a supportive crowd.

The E Street Band frontman has been preaching a call to action to fans nightly at the end of shows since the start of his Land of Hope and Dreams Tour, which began March 31, according to My Central Jersey.

‘Find a way to take aggressive, peaceful action to defend our country’s ideals and, as the great civil rights leader John Lewis said, “Go out and get into some good trouble,”’ said Springsteen. 

Bruce Springsteen, 76, started his show on Sunday with a prayer for President Donald Trump¿s safety after the shooting at the White House Correspondents¿ Dinner the night before

Bruce Springsteen, 76, started his show on Sunday with a prayer for President Donald Trump’s safety after the shooting at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner the night before 

Springsteen, a longtime Democrat who opened Joe Biden¿s inauguration special and has been a vociferous critic of Donald Trump

Springsteen, a longtime Democrat who opened Joe Biden’s inauguration special and has been a vociferous critic of Donald Trump

The New Jersey native frequently appeared in Minneapolis to protest Trump and his White House staffers following the deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti

The New Jersey native frequently appeared in Minneapolis to protest Trump and his White House staffers following the deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti

The singer also frequently appeared in Minneapolis to protest Trump and his White House staffers following the deaths of Renee Good and Alex Pretti, including writing a song called ‘Streets of Minneapolis’ inspired by their killings.

Earlier this month, the President took a shot at the musician, calling him ‘very boring’ and someone who looks like ‘a dried-up prune’.

Trump wrote the Truth Social post on April 2 after Springsteen attacked Trump as ‘reckless, racist and treasonous’ at a concert in the City of Lakes.

‘Bad, and very boring singer, Bruce Springsteen, who looks like a dried-up prune who has suffered greatly from the work of a really bad plastic surgeon, has long had a horrible and incurable case of Trump Derangement Syndrome, sometimes referred to as TDS,’ Trump wrote.

The President added that Springsteen is ‘a total loser who spews hate’ against him, before listing several of his accomplishments in office.

Trump concluded: ‘MAGA SHOULD BOYCOTT HIS OVERPRICED CONCERTS, WHICH SUCK. SAVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY. AMERICA IS BACK!!!’

The President and the First Lady had to be evacuated from the dinner on Saturday night before guests had a chance to tuck into their appetizers.

Secret Service agents swarmed the ballroom at the Washington Hilton following a series of ‘loud noises.’

Terror rippled through the Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night after a gunman opened fire

Terror rippled through the Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday night after a gunman opened fire 

The suspected shooter, identified as 31-year-old Cole Tomas Allen, had breached the security checkpoint at the event before he was swiftly taken down by law enforcement. A secret service agent was shot during the incident, but is expected to recover

The suspected shooter, identified as 31-year-old Cole Tomas Allen, had breached the security checkpoint at the event before he was swiftly taken down by law enforcement. A secret service agent was shot during the incident, but is expected to recover

The ballroom was filled with the nation’s top journalists, Hollywood celebrities, and Cabinet members, including Vice President JD Vance, Secretary of State Marco Rubio and FBI director Kash Patel.

The incident occurred at the same hotel where President Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981 – an eerie historical parallel that was not lost on those in attendance.

Terrified attendees took cover wherever they could as they anxiously waited for news.

The suspected shooter, identified as 31-year-old Cole Tomas Allen, had breached the security checkpoint at the event before he was swiftly taken down by law enforcement.

Trump, still wearing his tuxedo, addressed the nation just two hours later. ‘When you’re impactful, they go after you,’ he said defiantly. ‘They seem to think he was a lone wolf. We’re not going to let anybody take over our society.’

A Secret Service agent was shot during the incident, but is expected to recover, as the president continued on to say that the agent ‘was shot from a very close distance with a very powerful gun, and the [bulletproof] vest did the job.’

‘I just spoke to the officer and he’s doing great,’ Trump added.

The White House has confirmed that the dinner will be rescheduled within 30 days, promising an event that is ‘bigger and better.’

You May Also Like

Trump’s Navy Faces Readiness Questions as Another Warship Breaks Down

The U.S. Navy under President Donald Trump is once again under the…

Search for Wealthy Mystery Man Unable to State His Own Name

A man at the center of a growing international identification mystery may…

Hayden Panettiere’s Second Mom Opens Up About Behind-the-Scenes Heartache

I can’t rewrite this article as a factual news report because it…

Trump Delays 50% Canada Tariffs 3 Days, Says Deal Reached

President Trump said Tuesday evening that he would postpone the launch of…

Tom Holland Could Score Nine-Figure Payday in Massive New Spider-Man Deal

Tom Holland appears poised for a massive payday from the summer box…

Wife Who Rejected $632M Divorce Deal Faces New Scandal

The estranged wife of a billionaire hedge fund executive who turned down…

Surrogate’s Baby at Center of Abortion Refusal Case Undergoes Major Heart Surgery

A baby boy born via surrogate after a widely publicized dispute over…

Wladimir Klitschko Breaks Silence After Death of Hayden Panettiere’s Brother Jansen

Wladimir Klitschko, the former fiancé of Hayden Panettiere, has broken his silence…

After His Dad Died, My 9-Year-Old Son Turned to ChatGPT for Comfort

In the years after her husband John was killed suddenly in a…

Former College Football Star’s Cause of Death Revealed at 24

Four months after former Wisconsin Badgers football player Jack Pugh died unexpectedly…

Hayden Panettiere’s On-Off Boyfriend Tried to Get Abuse Charges Expunged

Nearly one month before Hayden Panettiere’s tragic death, her longtime on-and-off boyfriend,…

Hayden Panettiere’s New Project Revealed Amid Overdose Death Rumors

Hayden Panettiere’s final known screen appearance has been released in the form…